Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting OL
Quote: @PSBLAKE said:
i think Berger is a place holder for Isadora.  if our line is going to be  below average develop guys with potential:  I think that is what the Vikings are trying to do.  i am excited that instead of sticking with the guys with the contracts like Boone they are fielding the best 5 that they have at this time.
^^^^ This!   Isidora is the real deal. Loved the kid in college and couldn't believe we got him where we did!! 

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
@twgerber said:
There are 3 centers on the team.  Berger can move to Center and Isidora move to RG if needed.

And I think Elflein is a center.  Top center in college FB would seem to say that too.
Elflein played guard the first 3 years in college.  Them moved to center his senior year.
So what. He still got the award as the nations top Center.  Means something.

I'll say this as much as I've bagged on the offensive line: at least they'll put the best guys they have out there now that they've shit canned Boone. I give them a lot of credit for that decision, which was an expensive one. Reiff will be healthy to start the year. Its as good as can be asked for considering what they have on the roster. 

Quote: @twgerber said:
@ArizonaViking said:
@twgerber said:
There are 3 centers on the team.  Berger can move to Center and Isidora move to RG if needed.

And I think Elflein is a center.  Top center in college FB would seem to say that too.
Elflein played guard the first 3 years in college.  Them moved to center his senior year.
So what. He still got the award as the nations top Center.  Means something.

When we drafted Elflein, Spelly and Zimmer both said at Center.  Since the draft, they have both reiterated Elflein is a Center.  They are just working him in that spot with Easton to get him up to speed.  Easton will be a Berger-type utility interior lineman.

During the 3rd quarter of the Dolphins game, the announcers had Spelly in the box and he again said Elflein is a Center.  Mentioned how weak the OL draft class was and that they had honed-in on only about 6 or 7 draftable guys, of course Elflein being one and Isadora later.