Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
73% of Republicans blame 'left-wing protesters' for Jan. 6
Poll: 73% of Republicans blame 'left-wing protesters' for Jan. 6 attack. 
...The survey of 1,588 U.S. adults, which was conducted from May 24 to May 26, found that less than half of Republicans (41 percent) say supporters of then-President Donald Trump who gathered on Jan. 6 at the Capitol to rally against the certification of Joe Biden’s Electoral College victory bear “some” or “a great deal” of the blame for the subsequent riot, which left several people dead and more than 140 injured....

Yet a full 73 percent of Republicans pin “some” or “a great deal” of responsibility on “left-wing protesters trying to make Trump look bad,” even though both the FBI and Republican House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy have rejected the falsehood that leftist protesters were involved...

Who did the survey and what were the questions?  Article reads as a hit piece.  Were the questions leading? Disingenuous to add some and great deal together without reporting percentages separately.  "some responsibility" may be a reasonable answer.  Were there some left wing protesters present and agitating other on?  Shrug, I don't know but there could have been.  There were reports that the Capital riot cameraman from Utah, John Sullivan, had ties with Antifa.  If respondents were recalling those reports, they could select reasonably select "some" as their answer.

For me, I would say no opinion as I don't know facts one way or the other.  There have been a large number of arrests relative to the riot, perhaps we will have a future answer to the question.

i think in todays slanted media era its pretty safe to dismiss about any poll information as biased... both the shit we dont agree with,  but also the shit that supports what we believe.

It was entirely shitheads that day but “some” isnt much of a hill to climb. 

Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
Who did the survey and what were the questions?  Article reads as a hit piece.  Were the questions leading? Disingenuous to add some and great deal together without reporting percentages separately.  "some responsibility" may be a reasonable answer.  Were there some left wing protesters present and agitating other on?  Shrug, I don't know but there could have been.  There were reports that the Capital riot cameraman from Utah, John Sullivan, had ties with Antifa.  If respondents were recalling those reports, they could select reasonably select "some" as their answer.

For me, I would say no opinion as I don't know facts one way or the other.  There have been a large number of arrests relative to the riot, perhaps we will have a future answer to the question.
based on that fact, can we mock the leftist who will deny that "some" left wing instigators were involved?

Quote: @greediron said:
@IDVikingfan said:

based on that fact, can we mock the leftist who will deny that "some" left wing instigators were involved?
I think it's safe to say that in this era of political subterfuge that if there is an organized effort by 9ne extreme that there will be a covert offensive by the opposing view aimed at discrediting the other side.  Just as I'm sure that there were radical right aggressors in Minneapolis and other major cities last summer,  there have been liberal  radicals doing the same shit at everything that has been aimed at the right the last decade or so.  We are ALL getting played for profit.   As long as we are looking at the play we aren't looking at the writers or directors.