Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kaepernick Worked Hard, Never A Distraction

NFL owners are cowards, unlike Kaepernick.  

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:

I wouldn't want the circus either. He made this big ordeal about something he never lived. Grew up and got raised by great parents. The what takes the cake is that he never even voted. That was the last straw for me. You want to cause all this ruckus and make your face known and then you don't even vote on the issue.
The NFL is doing what everyone expected. No one wants that media circus and rioting if he doesn't get playing time.

Quote: @"Canthony" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

He made this big ordeal about something he never lived. Grew up and got raised by great parents. 

Not sure what difference that makes. Because MLK was well educated he wasn't qualified to comment on inner-city education issues? Because JFK was a wealthy white man he wasn't qualified to comment on civil rights issues? 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Canthony" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

He made this big ordeal about something he never lived. Grew up and got raised by great parents. 

Not sure what difference that makes. Because MLK was well educated he wasn't qualified to comment on inner-city education issues? Because JFK was a wealthy white man he wasn't qualified to comment on civil rights issues? 

His comments on the issue is what turned me off and how he talked like he knew and lived it. To me it was a publicity stunt that blew up in his face. Like he was trying to find an identity and had security issues. How can you "feel" that way and then NOT vote in the most important election in recent years.
I am a conservative for sure but I just don't think Kap is a good QB period. He may have some stats to show but if you watch him play then you would know just how erratic his arm is and how many awful passes he tends to throw. I would start Heineke or even Teddy on one leg over Kap.  

Kaepernick, while not a great QB, is clearly better than most teams backups.  Performance-wise he deserves to be on somebody's team.  Distraction-wise, almost all of the distraction was caused by the media.  In the NFL, if a streaker gets on the field trying to seek attention, they go to commercial break and don't give in to the attention.  It should have been a 1-2 week talking point.  They could have just ignored it or not mentioned it and no one would care, but instead they drove it into the ground when everyone was already sick of it.  They politicized the sport and caused viewership to go down, and they used his cause as a point to ignite controversy, not because they care, but because they just want to rile people up to see if it attracts attention.