Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gaza looks on the verge of blowing-up...
Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Israel's heavy handedness is going to bite them in the ass. 
hasnt that been said by almost everybody for the last 75 years?
...except the United States. 
kinda tells us who really is running the country doesnt it?   has there ever been a US president that has turned his back on Israel?
Our allegiance to Israel has really hurt us in certain parts of the world. 
like i said,  who is really running the country when we are using our military might to protect a tiny little nation that is hated by its neighbors and provides little to the US in terms of what we get out of it... now with that said... I think that piece of land down there rightfully belongs to the Jewish people that reside there now,  but the whole world is littered with examples of land occupied by peoples that werent the historical rightful owners.  How and Who decides what gets protected and what gets over looked?
Amen to that Jimmy...

[Image: sioux-indian-tribe.jpg]
makes you wonder if their future would have been different if they had converted to Judaism. 

For the record,  my comments here arent in any way to be condemning the Jewish faith or its people... honestly I dont know that I even know a member of the Jewish community and other than the biblical aspect of their religion.. I dont know jack and have no issues with the Jewish community.  I just find it interesting that we always talk about the powerful Catholics and Christians in DC... but really are they in charge?  if so what does Israel bring to their table that keeps the power of the US military as the threat to Israel's aggressors?

Part of this used to be cold war related...Soviets backed Syria, Egypt etc.

US the Israelis, so there was that - for decades. 

But people and nations evolve. I know many Jews who believe the Palestinians deserve a homeland every bit as much as the Israelis, and I agree with them. 

As far as DC influence? Mormons, Jews, Christian right all have extremely powerful and influential lobbies. Always have. 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Israel's heavy handedness is going to bite them in the ass. 
hasnt that been said by almost everybody for the last 75 years?
...except the United States. 
kinda tells us who really is running the country doesnt it?   has there ever been a US president that has turned his back on Israel?
Our allegiance to Israel has really hurt us in certain parts of the world. 
like i said,  who is really running the country when we are using our military might to protect a tiny little nation that is hated by its neighbors and provides little to the US in terms of what we get out of it... now with that said... I think that piece of land down there rightfully belongs to the Jewish people that reside there now,  but the whole world is littered with examples of land occupied by peoples that werent the historical rightful owners.  How and Who decides what gets protected and what gets over looked?
Amen to that Jimmy...

[Image: sioux-indian-tribe.jpg]

makes you wonder if their future would have been different if they had converted to Judaism. 

For the record,  my comments here arent in any way to be condemning the Jewish faith or its people... honestly I dont know that I even know a member of the Jewish community and other than the biblical aspect of their religion.. I dont know jack and have no issues with the Jewish community.  I just find it interesting that we always talk about the powerful Catholics and Christians in DC... but really are they in charge?  if so what does Israel bring to their table that keeps the power of the US military as the threat to Israel's aggressors?
Something tells me a Jewish sheriff wouldn't have had any more luck than this guy back then....

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Kinda waiting for the inevitable snarking about the Rothschilds secretly running the world, and that prattle.

I hate the whole situation...and that includes being aware of ALL the puppet masters involved, including those that are happy to leave the "Palestinians" (that historical title/argument later) just as they are, and keep sneaking their (recognized terrorist group) Hamas weapons to fire at Israel...while gutlessly hiding behind the very people they're supposedly fighting for.

It's basically having some Hamas terrorists set up their mortars in their hovel, and in gratitude, promising to avenge your imminently-killed family whose deaths come in returning THEIR fire.

The mind boggles.

I agree Z, spot-on...

Hamas is absolutely using those tactics. At the same time Israel is being incredibly heavy-handed and I dont agree with most of Netanyahu's policies regarding Palestinian rights. 

Removing key media networks

Sounds like the foundation of a future ground offensive.  At what point do friends of the PLO, Hamas to the East get involved?  How could the Sunni's not support the fight vs the Zionists?  It is going to get very interesting soon

Long, long overdue imo..

Netanyahu opponents reach coalition deal to oust Israeli PMJERUSALEM (AP) — Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s opponents on Wednesday announced they have reached a deal to form a new governing coalition, paving the way for the ouster of the longtime Israeli leader.
The dramatic announcement by opposition leader Yair Lapid and his main coalition partner, Naftali Bennett, came shortly before a midnight deadline and prevented the country from plunging into what would have been its fifth consecutive election in just over two years.
“This government will work for all the citizens of Israel, those that voted for it and those that didn’t. It will do everything to unite Israeli society,” Lapid said.
Under the agreement, Lapid and Bennett will split the job of prime minister in a rotation. Bennett will serve the first two years, while Lapid is to serve the final two years. The historic deal also includes a small Islamist party, the United Arab List, which would make it the first Arab party ever to be part of a governing coalition.
The agreement still needs to be approved by the Knesset, or parliament, in a vote that is expected to take place early next week. If it goes through, Lapid and a diverse array of partners that span the Israeli political spectrum will end the record-setting 12-year rule of Netanyahu
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/worl...513534002/