Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rebekah Jones was lying
https://www.yahoo.com/news/rebekah-jones...39488.html

So this was a big story in Florida when it happened....and now we see she was lying and over-inflating her importance. Typical media horseshit. Oh, and guess what? No follow up to this story locally of course. There were rumors that she was a little unstable, but it got totally buried. I hate this gross negligence by the media, no matter what side it falls.

Hate to hear this story, but good lesson on conformation bias, that we can all reflect on.  I hope they set the standard for prosecution for this.  I will follow this, am only seeing a single source on the story an hour ago.  

I think there were reports to her being full of shit months ago but it was dismissed because of the sources being considered right wing propaganda machines....  I am sure that this is hardly an isolated incident of covering up by a media source due to it damaging the party they are trying to protect.  This should serve as a reminder to those that flaunted this information months ago that their sources are no more reliable or unbiased than the ones they choose to dismiss because they don't like the message.

But I'm sure it won't so we will keep spinning in circles. 

Trying to go back and see how this was covered, so far mostly repeating of Orlando Sentinal stories, one Philip Bump editorial mentioning her and Ron Desantis. Not sure how big of a deal was really made of this nationaly.