Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colts Sign Eric Fisher
Per NFL Network

Colts needs mirrored the Vikings. I think this is what the Vikings would've done if they, like the Colts, took an edge in the 1st round. 

1 year, 9.4 million.

Last I read, he will be available in AUGUST. Color me dubious.

Indy gave up the 3rd fewest sacks last year with a statuesque Phillip No Birth Control Rivers. Wentz will have zero excuses behind that Colts OL.

Christian Darrisaw is ready TODAY. 

GO get Kerrigan for less rhan $10 million and let’s fucking roll

Quote: @Kentis said:
Report: Eric Fisher may not be ready until October
This seems way more likely.

Seems they would have been a lot smarter grabbing an OT in the draft or Reiff if they think they are a real contender now.  Nearly 10 million for a guy that will miss a third of the season is just dumb IMO.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Seems they would have been a lot smarter grabbing an OT in the draft or Reiff if they think they are a real contender now.  Nearly 10 million for a guy that will miss a third of the season is just dumb IMO.
$10M ain't what it used to be. Fisher's 2021 salary ranks 22nd among tackles. Not too bad for a 30 year old left tackle who made the pro bowl just last year. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
$10M ain't what it used to be. Fisher's 2021 salary ranks 22nd among tackles. Not too bad for a 30 year old left tackle who made the pro bowl just last year. 
Point is, no offseason, no camp,  and not ready  that's a lot to pay a back up OT which is what the plan better be for the first 1/4-1/3 of the season and a bad start to a season is really hard to overcome for a team with playoff aspirations...and if they don't view themselves as that type of team the 10 mill for a vet is a wasted effort IMO.