Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is the most hopeful for the future I have been since Teddy.
This draft has gotten my hopes up more than any draft since Teddy was drafted.  And its not just because of the Mond pick it is because the front office finally approached this draft with an eye on the future as well as an eye on next season. 

Now I am addressing the philosophy of this draft rather than the players.  

1.  The team recognized the left side of the line was a mess and drafted accordingly.  We now have a young offensive line with huge upside.

2. The rumors of our interest In Fields and the actual drafting of Mond tells us the front office recogizes the future of offense in the NFL.  Mobile athletic and dynamic leadership at the QB position elevates the rest of the team and covers other deficiencies in the offense.

3.  Offense is winning football games In the future. The Vikings are loaded on offense and finally we may have a line and QB that will come into its prime in two or three years together and possibly dominate. 

The future has hope!

Well said...

Winning tomorrow will look different than 2015 - for the most part. 

I'm glad the Vikings took steps to help a D out - that was very much in need of re-tooling/getting pieces back. Zimmer has not been shy about saying the D philosophy has to evolve too. 

I'm not ready to crown their aszes, but there is legit reasons for optimism. 

[Image: nbjaba0l94ha.gif]

Agreed, it isn't just Mond, but having Rick and staff change their approach really adds to that.  They have been drafting O-line for the last few years, so that shift isn't new but more the culmination of that change.  Now to draft a backup QB with potential is a huge change.  And other that Tomasson's rantings, we have really seen the K'aaron effect with that and Cousins.

[Image: hzoc8c4au2of.png]
I think I see it too…!  Wink  B)

This is not the Wolves org so there is always hope