Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insert Your Good News HERE
Quote: @Montana Tom said:
My old 1,400 sq ft redwood deck has been ripped out and the contractor has replaced it with a 1,600 sq ft Trex beauty.  It's true, your deck really does look bigger if you trim the bushes around it.

Keep a dialog on the Trex, considering it, have some trepidation.  

Quote: @Montana Tom said:
My old 1,400 sq ft redwood deck has been ripped out and the contractor has replaced it with a 1,600 sq ft Trex beauty.  It's true, your deck really does look bigger if you trim the bushes around it.
Jesus, I have a house smaller than your deck. But I'm betting you don't make $2850 a month off of it. :-)

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
@Montana Tom said:

It is nice, but be careful of the darker colors.  They get hot in the sun.

Quote: @greediron said:
@BigAl99 said:
@Montana Tom said:

I’ve heard the same. I also need to redo our deck and am considering Trex. 

My one friend who swears by his Trex deck has huge trees and almost full shade on his deck, so that’s no help. 

My biggest question with the Trex is that my deck is elevated one story up on wood beams. So it’s about 12 feet off the ground. Replacing the whole thing— including beams— almost doubles the cost versus keeping the structure in place, and just doing a Trex floorboards, railings, and stairs. Still researching this but whether wood or composite, it’s a project for next summer I hope.

This summer I’m just trying to get the lawn and landscaping up to a state of respectability. That, and getting good at using the new bbq smoker  Smile

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@greediron said:
@BigAl99 said:
@Montana Tom said:

I’ve heard the same. I also need to redo our deck and am considering Trex. 

My one friend who swears by his Trex deck has huge trees and almost full shade on his deck, so that’s no help. 

My biggest question with the Trex is that my deck is elevated one story up on wood beams. So it’s about 12 feet off the ground. Replacing the whole thing— including beams— almost doubles the cost versus keeping the structure in place, and just doing a Trex floorboards, railings, and stairs. Still researching this but whether wood or composite, it’s a project for next summer I hope.

This summer I’m just trying to get the lawn and landscaping up to a state of respectability. That, and getting good at using the new bbq smoker  Smile

This is exactly where we're at...Built our home 20 years ago and the rock, shrubs, weed barrier all had to be updated. We ended up putting in some salt column fountains that sound nice, look nice and didnt break the bank. Stock image below. 

Learned the hard way, no new plants outside in MN till Mothers Day...Hopefully that'll be it for a while. 

[Image: th2_p.11173.1-basalts_6.jpg]