Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One year ago today

This was such an awesome moment. I damn near have everything they said memorized, I’ve watched it so many times =)

[Image: 4hls5oxbzknq.gif]

Can we get lucky two years in a row? I think the Jefferson pick this year would be either Sewell or Slater still on the board at 14. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Can we get lucky two years in a row? I think the Jefferson pick this year would be either Sewell or Slater still on the board at 14. 
I admit it was a surprise JJ was lower on WR stacks for so many nfl teams. 

Slater and (especially) Sewell won't be. I dont think the Vikings have a chance at either of em @ 14. Maybe (big maybe) Darrisaw.

I dont know if I see us drafting an AVT? I wouldn't be unhappy with that pick. Bradbury could use some better quality co-lineman inside. And it would start to answer my own fan questions about his ceiling if he had it. 

It'll be interesting to watch when the positional runs occur. I fully expect a tempting DE to be there, MAYBE Darrisaw and there most probably will be a quality WR there. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
I admit it was a surprise JJ was lower on WR stacks for so many nfl teams. 

Slater and (especially) Sewell won't be. I dont think the Vikings have a chance at either of em @ 14. Maybe (big maybe) Darrisaw.

I dont know if I see us drafting an AVT? I wouldn't be unhappy with that pick. Bradbury could use some better quality co-lineman inside. And it would start to answer my own fan questions about his ceiling if he had it. 

It'll be interesting to watch when the positional runs occur. I fully expect a tempting DE to be there, MAYBE Darrisaw and there most probably will be a quality WR there. 

I don't know any draft analyst that had Jefferson over Lamb and Jeudy. He was pretty regularly ranked in the 3-5 range. Looks like that's kinda what the NFL thought too. But if we had a dollar for every time the NFL was wrong about players, we could retire. 

If I had to put all my money on one player right now, it would be Christian Darrisaw. Though not certain, I think it's LIKELY he's there, and I feel pretty confident that in terms of BPA, fit, need, he checks all the boxes. If he's NOT there, then there's probably a big debate between AVT, a couple of Edges and trading down. 

The thing about AVT is that he almost certainly requires a move of either Cleveland or O'Neill to LT, but who knows, maybe that's been their plan all along. 

...and one other thing; Eric Fisher is still out there. if those three tackles are gone, maybe they pull the trigger on him and draft the Edge.