Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yes or No
Now that the Ravens have made their trade, if one of the 3 WRs are there at 14 and Slater and Sewell have already come off the board, would you do this trade with the Ravens: Vikes #14 and #78 (1300 in value according to some draft pick valuation chart) for the Ravens #27 and #31 (1280 in value -- I would have thrown in a Raven's 7th for the RS factor but the Raven's don't have a 7th this year).

You could come away with Rousseau and Cosmi with those two firsts. 

You still have ammo to move up in the early 20s if there is a dropper you really like.

Not with Darrisaw and AVT still on the board, and one of them will be. It would be nice to pick up a OL/DL combo at 27 and 31. And edges in that range are good, but I just don't like the drop off at tackle after Jenkins. The dropoff between, say, Darrisaw and Cosmi is a pretty big one IMO.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Not with Darrisaw and AVT still on the board, and one of them will be. It would be nice to pick up a OL/DL combo at 27 and 31. And edges in that range are good, but I just don't like the drop off at tackle after Jenkins. The dropoff between, say, Darrisaw and Cosmi is a pretty big one IMO.
Well, in that case, it sort of depends upon whether the coaching staff believes it already has a left tackle on the roster.  If the Vikes feel/know that either the RG or RT will be a capable LT, then maybe you swing the deal and try to fill two holes (RG or RT and DE) with 1st round picks. 

I think that's the surest path to picking up 2 OL prospects.  I think if you have a chance to get a Sewell or Slater, that's pretty much guaranteed to give you a great player, do that for sure.  But after that there's a bunch of guys all kind of the same that are going to be strewn about the rest of the first.

Quote: @VikingOracle said:
@MaroonBells said:
Well, in that case, it sort of depends upon whether the coaching staff believes it already has a left tackle on the roster.  If the Vikes feel/know that either the RG or RT will be a capable LT, then maybe you swing the deal and try to fill two holes (RG or RT and DE) with 1st round picks. 
Here's how I do the deal. Sign Eric Fisher. Then I make the trade all day long. Take the best edge at 27 and the best WR/CB/S/LB/G at 31. Skol bruvva. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@VikingOracle said:
@MaroonBells said:
Here's how I do the deal. Sign Eric Fisher. Then I make the trade all day long. Take the best edge at 27 and the best WR/CB/S/LB/G at 31. Skol bruvva. 
If we sign Fisher I think dropping down to 18 with Miami and still being in position add a damn good player would be more to my liking. 
They get 14 and 78,  we get 18 and 50.

From 50 we still have the ammo to move up into late first early 2nd if there is another immediate impact type guy there that fits a need.   Otherwise we are still looking at 5 picks day 2 that should net some quality year one contributors.

If they really like AVT or Darrisaw, even trading down to 19 with the Redskins(Sorry but I don't recognize the WFT) would be a gamble as more than likely both will be gone by then. If we stay at 14, we should have a shot at one of them. Slater will be long gone. Chargers still need a starting Left Tackle. The bottom of the first round OLineman are second tier compared to the top 4 IMO.