Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens preparing to trade Orlando Brown Jr.
Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
I still wonder who the Vikings were looking at when they were inquiring about the costs of moving up., or if it was a general curiosity. 
Unlikely, but if Sewell starts to fall we better be prepared!
There are enough QBs, WRs and CBs so that if Sewell gets past the Bengals, he could drop a ways. Then you just need one key team to like Slater more. Extremely unlikely, but I've seen stranger things. 

I've heard it happens a lot where one team, thinking they had no chance at player A, scouts and falls in love with player B. Then when player A surprises by falling to them, they still go with player B. 
#5 being an O-lineman regardless if its Sewell or Slater probably means both are off the board or not within reach of the Vikings. Detroit/Carolina will end up being tipping points since either could go O-line, offensive weapon (WR/Pitts), or trade down with a QB needy team. If Sewell gets to #8 I have to imagine the Vikings would get rather aggressive.  
If Sewell goes #5 and Slatter goes high as well, whats the chances Darrisaw goes before 14 as well?

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
 Detroit/Carolina will end up being tipping points since either could go O-line, offensive weapon (WR/Pitts), or trade down with a QB needy team. If Sewell gets to #8 I have to imagine the Vikings would get rather aggressive.  
I can see Detroit looking at the 2022 QB draft class, looking at Jared Goff, then looking at Justin Fields falling in their laps and yelling "Hallelujah!".  

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
I still wonder who the Vikings were looking at when they were inquiring about the costs of moving up., or if it was a general curiosity. 
There are enough QBs, WRs and CBs so that if Sewell gets past the Bengals, he could drop a ways. Then you just need one key team to like Slater more. Extremely unlikely, but I've seen stranger things. 

I've heard it happens a lot where one team, thinking they had no chance at player A, scouts and falls in love with player B. Then when player A surprises by falling to them, they still go with player B. 
#5 being an O-lineman regardless if its Sewell or Slater probably means both are off the board or not within reach of the Vikings. Detroit/Carolina will end up being tipping points since either could go O-line, offensive weapon (WR/Pitts), or trade down with a QB needy team. If Sewell gets to #8 I have to imagine the Vikings would get rather aggressive.  
If Sewell goes #5 and Slatter goes high as well, whats the chances Darrisaw goes before 14 as well?
LAC is the team most likely to draft Darrisaw prior to #14. Their OL is as bad as Minny's, maybe worse.

Quote: @Knucklehead said:
@AGRforever said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
@JimmyinSD said:

LAC is the team most likely to draft Darrisaw prior to #14. Their OL is as bad as Minny's, maybe worse.
They are definitely a problem at 13. It's hard to see all three of Sewell, Slater and Darrisaw gone in the first 13 picks with all those QBs, WRs, and CBs, but it is possible. If so, just take the edge. Or trade down a bit for Jenkins, who i might like even more than Darrisaw. 

Thinking there's about an 80% chance that our pick will be one of the following: Slater, Darrisaw, Paye or Phillips. 

Brown wants a massive contract at a time when the Salary Cap is reduced.

He wants to move from RT to LT 

And he wants to be traded to another team.

It's unlikely but I wonder if the Ravens wind up keeping him in 2021.