Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14 Days To Go
Saw a lot of Toney. Harvin 2.0. Just a guy you'd want to get the ball to and watch him turn a 5 yard hitch into a 60 yard run after catch house call. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Some things I think I think...

I no longer think Ja'Marr Chase is the best receiver in this class. Nor is it Waddle or Smith. But you could've seen him play by getting off at the West Bank or East Bank light rail station. Am I crazy? If Waddle falls to 14 will the Ravens want to move up and grab him? Give us our LTOTF for our trouble? We slide to 27 and take a more complete receiver in Bateman? Yes...yes, I think I like that. 

I'm almost ready to put Shi Smith among my top 8-ish receivers, but that would be crazy. I definitely like him more than any of the other 2nd and 3rd tier receivers. Kadarius Toney would be even higher if he didn't like to carry around AR-15s. 

There is a ridiculous amount of edge rushers between 20 and 60. One of the guys I hadn't really watched much before but is one of my guys now is Boogie Basham. Thick, strong, relentless and 4.5? Give him 34 inch arms and he's a top 20 pick. 
I am going to call you crazy for not thinking Chase is the best receiver in the draft class  :p 

I'll double down and call him the best WR prospect in the last decade. Sammy Watkins and Amari Cooper would come close, but Chase is something else in my mind. But we're talking as a prospect here, we'll see what the end result ends up being. I'm with you on Shi Smith though, he's going to play in the NFL for a long time. So maybe we're both crazy since we're both calling the crazier take sane? 

I am very very intrigued by the pass rusher class as a whole. When will the first one come off the board and who will it be? The best talent is Phillips, but the medicals. Paye is the best all-around guy but lacks the upside of Oweh and there isn't a massive drop-off to Basham, Ossai, etc.. Ultimately I wonder if all of the pass rushers get pushed down the board since teams will think they can get a similar talent in round 2. 
Just a week ago I called Chase the best player in this draft. Then I spent more time watching most of the top guys waiting for someone to jump off the tape. Three players did that: Bateman, Kadarius Toney and Shi Smith. 

More to come...
Chase is a bad man and I think he's the best weapon in the draft. Trevor Lawrence, to me, is head and shoulders better than anyone in this draft. He will be a great NFL QB

Pro Football Network's Tony Pauline hears that the Dallas Cowboys are strong players for either Alabama CB Patrick Surtain or South Carolina CB Jaycee Horn.While it was reported earlier this spring that Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is "infatuated" with Florida TE Kyle Pitts, infatuation be darned, there's little chance the tight end outright falls to Dallas at No. 10 and it is not a position of need for the team. Much more of a position of need, cornerback. That's where Pauline believes the Cowboys will turn at their pick. His caveat on that: If Oregon OL Penei Sewell happens to still be on the board, the standout lineman could be too good of a prospect for the team to pass up.

I am also with Chase as the best WR in this class hands down.  He has it all and I love the way he catches the ball with his hands and how he repositions his body in contested catches which hasn't been too often becuase he blows by elite college QB's who are now NFL starters.  Oh and he has no problem running crossing routes!

I think Wilson is very close a sure thing QB as Lawrence.  I just see him making throws that many current NFL QB's don't make.  He throws 40 yard line drive dimes with what looks like a flick of his wrist meaning without all the wind-up motion.  I honestly haven't seen any QB that throws like him.