Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darnold traded to Panthers
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Vikergirl said:
@MaroonBells said:
What??!! How does this make any sense? I really thought the Panthers were going to be one of the major players in either the Watson trade or moving up big to land their franchise QB.

Instead of that, they send a 6th rounder a couple of future picks for Sam Darnold? I think Darnold has been hurt by his surround, but is this even an upgrade over Teddy? I'm not even sure it is. 

One interesting thing about this is that it almost certainly means that all five QBs are going in the top 7. IMO, Panthers don't make that trade unless they know all 5 QBs are spoken for. 
Watson has other things to worry about right now. 
My point is....their interest in Watson indicated to me they wanted to make a BIG move. This isn't a BIG move. It's barely an upgrade. Is it even an upgrade? I'm not so sure of that.  We'll have to see how things turn out 2, 3 years down the road, but if I were to make a bet on which QB will be better at that point, how many people here would be willing to put good money that QB will be Darnold over Teddy?  OK, they're not betting very much, but I want no part of that. That's an even bet in my mind. Unless there's something about Teddy we don't know, which is possible. 
I hear you but things are really quiet about Watson right now. Are some teams wondering whether or not to go after him. There is still a whole lot of mess to sort out. Maybe this is a why the hell not more. Maybe Ruhle sees something there. Time will tell.