Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome Xavier Woods
Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"Tyr" said:
Looking at his highlights, he has a bit of Sendejo in him, even though he's more of a FS and at least prior to last year was decent in coverage. Seems like a good low risk signing to plug a hole at FS. Maybe he thrives in Zimmer's system and gets his career back on track or maybe he can hold the fort while they develop a rookie safety. They still have issues to solve in the trenches, but they've at least tried to stabilize the secondary without burning through draft picks again.

Zimmer's head must have exploded more than once last year with that secondary and DL. I can't believe he was completely on-board with all those db toddlers going into September trying to cover NFL caliber WR's. 

These one year signing's are interesting strategy. I wouldn't characterize it as boom or bust as they have some real younger talent to pair these veterans with.

I'd love to see a MacAlex for example find his footing and be a long-time contributor here.  

Hopefully a Dalvin in the trenches and a healthy Hunter helps the secondary as much as getting new bodies back in the backfield.  

I really don't want to have to witness another Steckel'esque D from the Vikings. 
They were clearly running on defense last year, between people coming back from injuries/Covid list and FA additions, they already have close to a new defense and we haven't even had the draft yet. I also like that they brought back Alexander and Weatherly, two guys who are already very familiar with Zimmer's system. We will see how all of these new defenders gel, but with more talent and experience, it should be a big difference.

Quote: @"Tyr" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"Tyr" said:
Looking at his highlights, he has a bit of Sendejo in him, even though he's more of a FS and at least prior to last year was decent in coverage. Seems like a good low risk signing to plug a hole at FS. Maybe he thrives in Zimmer's system and gets his career back on track or maybe he can hold the fort while they develop a rookie safety. They still have issues to solve in the trenches, but they've at least tried to stabilize the secondary without burning through draft picks again.

Zimmer's head must have exploded more than once last year with that secondary and DL. I can't believe he was completely on-board with all those db toddlers going into September trying to cover NFL caliber WR's. 

These one year signing's are interesting strategy. I wouldn't characterize it as boom or bust as they have some real younger talent to pair these veterans with.

I'd love to see a MacAlex for example find his footing and be a long-time contributor here.  

Hopefully a Dalvin in the trenches and a healthy Hunter helps the secondary as much as getting new bodies back in the backfield.  

I really don't want to have to witness another Steckel'esque D from the Vikings. 
They were clearly running on defense last year, between people coming back from injuries/Covid list and FA additions, they already have close to a new defense and we haven't even had the draft yet. I also like that they brought back Alexander and Weatherly, two guys who are already very familiar with Zimmer's system. We will see how all of these new defenders gel, but with more talent and experience, it should be a big difference.
That is a great point.  Getting some vets to ensure the new and young guys understand and buy in fully.

From my observation, the Dallas defense had talent, but were short on effort. I hope Woods is happy and motivated to be here, because he sure seems to have the talent. I'm looking forward to watching him play along side Harry.

The pieces being put in place, this of season, seem to suggest Zimmer going back to a more aggressive defense. Something he hasn't been able to do, the last couple of years, due to personnel and the lack of press man corners.

This guy doesn't solve the cornerback problem. But he can be very valuable in an aggressive defense, playing in the box or blitzing, as Harry does at times.

I just don't see a top 5 or 10 Zimmer defense if it isn't aggressive. 

But I'm starting to think there is a chance!

This signing is fine: not as good as Anthony Harris but a step up from Sendejo and has upside in this system.