Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rebuilt Vikings Defense
D is shaping up real nice! I’m still not “all-in” until I see O-Line improvements, but I love what they’re doing on D. 

Honestly, if the team gets some incremental O line help, a return to the playoffs won't be any kind of surprise. They almost did it last year with the shittiest D of the Zimmer era by far. 

D was so putrid in 2020, we'd be vying for top 3 pick this year if the Offense wasn't so potent with Cousins, Dalvin AT and JJ...They are lucky Cousins is so durable (knocks wood).

I fully expect this team to be playoff caliber unless the injury gods smite em...Maybe good enough to compete with GB for North. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
D was so putrid in 2020, we'd be vying for top 3 pick this year if the Offense wasn't so potent with Cousins, Dalvin AT and JJ...They are lucky Cousins is so durable (knocks wood).

I fully expect this team to be playoff caliber unless the injury gods smite em...Maybe good enough to compete with GB for North. 
The D is going to be improved, how much remains to be seen. If they can figure out just a little more improvement on the O-line.......100% the media will sleep on the Vikings until they win some games. Media formula: bad last year + too lazy to do research = will remain bad this year. Add a sprinkle of 'Aaron Rodgers, best QB in NFL, blah blah blah run away with the North' flavoring that gets put into every opinion.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:

The D is going to be improved, how much remains to be seen. If they can figure out just a little more improvement on the O-line.......100% the media will sleep on the Vikings until they win some games. Media formula: bad last year + too lazy to do research = will remain bad this year. Add a sprinkle of 'Aaron Rodgers, best QB in NFL, blah blah blah run away with the North' flavoring that gets put into every opinion.

Truth. Because that's what they do every year. However, at some point, someone in the media will take a look at the depth chart, realize that this team was a game away from the playoffs last year, lost three games by 3 points or less, and to that team added Hunter, Pierce, Tomlinson, Barr, Kendricks and Patrick Peterson. 

Still have money to add Geno.  Give me the Brown trade (14 and a 3rd) with the 27th pick.  Brown and Phillips day 1
REVAMPED DEFENSE
DL: Hunter-Tomlinson-Pierce-Phillips, Weatherly-Atkins-Lynch-Wonnum, Watts, Holmes
Went from zero pressure and horrible run D to very good pressure and fantastic run defense.  DL sets the tone
DB: Dantzler-Woods-Smith-Peterson, Gladney, Mac Man, HughesIf Zim can do to Peterson what he has done in the past with vet CB's, if Woods can return the abilities he had when he was coached by our current DB coach, this secondary could be stackedYoung DB's benefit from significantly increased pressure on the QB as
well as a real training camp and a year of trial by fire

Healthy, with some steps forward by young guys?  This could be a top 5 defense
2020 offense with Brown at LT, a solid vet LG (taylor, blythe, cole), and 2.0 Jet plus a top 5 defense? 

SB contender

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:

Love that take.  Everything stays the same unless the QB is part of the sloberfest, then it is always rosy.