Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goff contract restructure

Goff to never never land.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Why the Sean McVay-Jared Goff partnership fell apart for Los Angeles Rams (espn.com)
My two takeaways, "a four-year, $134 million extension, including a record-breaking $110 million guaranteed" and no running game exposed Goff as overpaid and underdeveloped. 

The Vikings exposed McVay-Goff back several years ago, showing Goff wasn't ready to be the field general.  McVay got his revenge next year, but then the Bears exposed Goff, forcing him to work methodically and he couldn't stay patient, trying for the deep strike even when it wasn't there.  The Patriots just finished the job, without a running game Goff couldn't carry the team.

But it should work out better with Goff/Danny boy in Detroit.  At least for the rest of the division.

Stafford could read defenses, deal with pressure, and was tough as nails. I don't see how this is an upgrade?

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
Stafford could read defenses, deal with pressure, and was tough as nails. I don't see how this is an upgrade?
He is younger and has less injuries. That would be the only things I can think of.

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
Goof will get them less wins and that much closer to a higher draft pick,  and he minored in knee cap biting so he will double as a defensive assistant.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@jargomcfargo said:
Goof will get them less wins and that much closer to a higher draft pick,  and he minored in knee cap biting so he will double as a defensive assistant.
Ok, not sure if this was on purpose but I like it regardless....

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@jargomcfargo said:
Ok, not sure if this was on purpose but I like it regardless....

It was intentional,  I never bought the hype in LA and when they extended him I said as much.  Some guys can put up good numbers in special situations,   but it doesn't make them good QBs,  I think Goof is one of those players.  He is definitely a product of a system...much like most receivers to play for green Bay in the last 25 years.