Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New News on Barr Restructure
Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:
Vikings at about $11M under. If I'm thinking of this correctly, this doesn't include the $7.9M we'll get after June 1st (Rudy), and also doesn't include whatever we get from a Harrison Smith extension (I'd say at least $3M depending on how the structure it). Draft class projected to cost about $3.5M. So Vikings should have between $18 to $22M for whatever free agent or trade they want to target. That's a helluva lot more than they'd need for most of the remaining free agents.

https://twitter.com/WillRagatz/status/13...80074?s=20
Unless they are still considering a trade for a guy with a decent cap hit... 

Do tell...  B) 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
[Image: BgCr4vnl_bigger.jpg]
The full terms on Anthony Barr’s restructure are in, and they’re different than what had been previously reported. Barr’s cap number for 2021 is only $6.107M, and his base salary drops to just $1 million (thread)
Barr’s 2021 deal has a $8.4 million signing bonus, and he can earn up to $3 million in a salary escalator based on his sack totals this year. He makes $10 million in cash this year, but most of it is from the SB. The #Vikings also get a $455K cap credit from his insurance policy.
The fact Barr’s 2022 and 2023 years are voidable means he’ll have $5.4 million of signing bonus prorations left to hit the cap from each year of the deal, but his number this year clears even more space for the #Vikings, who now have just over $10M in total space.
Geez that is kinda weird and incredible...Brezinski (???) is amazing.  But also, doesn't it seem that Barr wants out after this year?  Not that I have a problem with that?

Quote: @minny65 said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
The full terms on Anthony Barr’s restructure are in, and they’re different than what had been previously reported. Barr’s cap number for 2021 is only $6.107M, and his base salary drops to just $1 million (thread)
Barr’s 2021 deal has a $8.4 million signing bonus, and he can earn up to $3 million in a salary escalator based on his sack totals this year. He makes $10 million in cash this year, but most of it is from the SB. The #Vikings also get a $455K cap credit from his insurance policy.
The fact Barr’s 2022 and 2023 years are voidable means he’ll have $5.4 million of signing bonus prorations left to hit the cap from each year of the deal, but his number this year clears even more space for the #Vikings, who now have just over $10M in total space.
Geez that is kinda weird and incredible...Brezinski (???) is amazing.  But also, doesn't it seem that Barr wants out after this year?  Not that I have a problem with that?

Want out? No, he wants paid. That was the deal: You take a pay cut and we'll make you a free agent two years early. So Barr gets to hit the market in '22 and Vikings get cap space and a motivated Barr in '21. Win Win. 

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
https://twitter.com/SeanBormanNFL/status...3114005506
I wondered if they might have interest in Fisher. They'd need some money for him, but how long is he out? He had an achilles injury in the playoffs. The other guys wouldn't amount to much in terms of contract. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I wondered if they might have interest in Fisher. They'd need some money for him, but how long is he out? He had an achilles injury in the playoffs. The other guys wouldn't amount to much in terms of contract. 
Its questionable that he would be ready for week one, though I am sure his agent will move up the timeline. Like the talent, hope he can come back well.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Want out? No, he wants paid. That was the deal: You take a pay cut and we'll make you a free agent two years early. So Barr gets to hit the market in '22 and Vikings get cap space and a motivated Barr in '21. Win Win. 

Test the market equals "out"  because we won't be able to afford him. He has an incentive to play well to get the big bucks from another team.