Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre Draft Conversations

Looks to be some pretty good Safety depth in mid and later rounds!

To of our area's of need are both pretty loaded - Tackle and Safety.  Decent LB, CB, ED depth.  Poor G, IDL. 

Hopefully FA took care of the IDL although I still think we need a 3T and love the guy from Washington (can't spell).
The other thing to note is that a lot of the Tackles available might be best at Guard so if we draft Tackle we can move people around although not ideal - IMO.

Players I like, in no particular order or draft order:

DE - Paye  -  I know Michigan moved him around the DL and he is so disruptive.  Can he line up 3T on occasion at this level?  In other words kinda of take care of both needs along DL.  I really don't know, asking?
Also, ideal is we can move down for a second rounder and maybe still get Paye in the 20 range?

OT - other then the obvious 1st rounders there is Walker Little (Stanford).  If no injury history he would be a TOP 3 tackle this year.  Will he be available with our second round pick if we are able to acquire one?

S - for mid rounds - will Cisco from Syracuse be available? If the above scenario plays out I would even consider Cisco at 78 but certainly with one of our 4th rounders.   

Later DE's - I like the 2 Pitt guys later.  Weaver is going way ahead of Patrick Jones but I can't get past Patrick Jones production 2 years ago when Weaver was hurt.  I think he had 44 pressures and a decent amount of sacks with Weaver out.  (not looking up stats).  Then when healthy Weaver did outshine Jones last year with very good production as well.  I forget the knocks on each one, I think Weaver is his speed but some players produce with pads on.  I think Jones gets pushed around some but again 44 pressures means to me he didn't get pushed around to often Smile

If Jamin Davis (LB - Kentucky) falls into the 4th round I would run up to the podium.  He would be an upgrade from Wilson year one - IMO.  

Lastly, we haven't had a good slot/gadget/ST's player in awhile.  Dwayne Etheridge (Appalachin State??? would be awesome later but he has really moved up after his Senior Bowl.

ICYMI over the weekend, Taylor w/ solid detail on his agreement w/ ARod/Lore, + Finch, DLo, and more... Kalscheur on leaving the #Gophers... #Vikings LT interest and J.T. O'Sullivan on Mond, Trask, other QBs that the Vikings have done lots of work on... and more. #Timberwolves
Quote Tweet
[Image: Lx8KJTsj_mini.jpg]
SKOR North
@SKORNorth
· 20h
Episode 344 of The Scoop

-#Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor on selling the franchise
-New #Cyclones commit Gabe Kalscheur
-North Dakota transfer Filip Rebraca
-New #Gophers guard Luke Loewe
-Former NFL QB J.T. O'Sullivan on #Vikings

LISTEN: http://bit.ly/324STgb

Quote: @"minny65" said:
Looks to be some pretty good Safety depth in mid and later rounds!

To of our area's of need are both pretty loaded - Tackle and Safety.  Decent LB, CB, ED depth.  Poor G, IDL. 

Hopefully FA took care of the IDL although I still think we need a 3T and love the guy from Washington (can't spell).
The other thing to note is that a lot of the Tackles available might be best at Guard so if we draft Tackle we can move people around although not ideal - IMO.

Players I like, in no particular order or draft order:

DE - Paye  -  I know Michigan moved him around the DL and he is so disruptive.  Can he line up 3T on occasion at this level?  In other words kinda of take care of both needs along DL.  I really don't know, asking?
Also, ideal is we can move down for a second rounder and maybe still get Paye in the 20 range?

OT - other then the obvious 1st rounders there is Walker Little (Stanford).  If no injury history he would be a TOP 3 tackle this year.  Will he be available with our second round pick if we are able to acquire one?

S - for mid rounds - will Cisco from Syracuse be available? If the above scenario plays out I would even consider Cisco at 78 but certainly with one of our 4th rounders.   

Later DE's - I like the 2 Pitt guys later.  Weaver is going way ahead of Patrick Jones but I can't get past Patrick Jones production 2 years ago when Weaver was hurt.  I think he had 44 pressures and a decent amount of sacks with Weaver out.  (not looking up stats).  Then when healthy Weaver did outshine Jones last year with very good production as well.  I forget the knocks on each one, I think Weaver is his speed but some players produce with pads on.  I think Jones gets pushed around some but again 44 pressures means to me he didn't get pushed around to often Smile

If Jamin Davis (LB - Kentucky) falls into the 4th round I would run up to the podium.  He would be an upgrade from Wilson year one - IMO.  

Lastly, we haven't had a good slot/gadget/ST's player in awhile.  Dwayne Etheridge (Appalachin State??? would be awesome later but he has really moved up after his Senior Bowl.
Agree with a lot of this, but Jamin Davis probably won't get out of the 1st round, let alone be available in the 4th. I think Zaven Collins might be the best defensive player in the draft, but position value probably puts him below the top couple corners. Jamin Davis just below. Not sure yet what to think of Micah Parsons. 

I agree that a player like Paye potentially fills two positions for us. I also think there's about a 95% chance that our first pick plays either tackle, guard or edge. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Honestly, anything with one usable skill. No more Beebe or Bisi.
JJ blew-up when they got smart and moved him to X...

His versatility = flexibility in what kind of WR they draft to compliment him. 

Win/Win