Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cam, Oh Cam
Resigning with the Pats.1 year per Tom P

He'll attempt to mentor the Pillsbury Dough Boy aka Mac Jones...

Patriots re-signed Cam Newton to a one-year contract worth around $14 million. It marks a huge increase over the $1.1 million the veteran made with the Patriots in 2020. Newton's first year with the Patriots was an unmitigated disaster, thanks largely to the circumstances of the NFL's COVID-19 season. Newton, who had to learn a new offense in a shortened offseason program, said he never recovered from missing multiple weeks on the COVID list following a promising start to the year. "I was behind and I was thinking too much," Newton said in February. “The offense kept going and I was stagnant for two weeks." Newton's return to New England seemed possible after the Boston Globe reported in February that head coach Bill Belichick had "done nothing but rave" about Newton. The team adopted a massively run-heavy offense with Newton under center, resulting in a shockingly low eight touchdown passes in 15 games for Newton (to go along with 10 interceptions). The Pats are reportedly interested in drafting one of the top QBs available in this spring's NFL Draft -- an essential move since they clearly see Newton as a bridge quarterback. 
SOURCE: Jim McBride on Twitter

That's a lot of money for a guy who can no longer throw the ball.

[Image: 87wW_Jyb_bigger.jpg]
Cam Newton's contract with the #Patriots has a $5 million base value, according to sources:

$2m signing bonus
$1.5m base salary (guaranteed)
$1.5m total in per-game roster bonuses

The rest ($9m) is in incentives for playoffs, Pro Bowl, All-Pro, MVP, Super Bowl MVP, etc.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
[Image: 87wW_Jyb_bigger.jpg]
Cam Newton's contract with the #Patriots has a $5 million base value, according to sources:

$2m signing bonus
$1.5m base salary (guaranteed)
$1.5m total in per-game roster bonuses

The rest ($9m) is in incentives for playoffs, Pro Bowl, All-Pro, MVP, Super Bowl MVP, etc.

Aka “unlikely to be earned incentives”  Wink