Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Targeting Keelan Cole?
Seeing this on the Twitter machine. Would solve multiple issues. My guess is someone trying to play connect the dots with McCardell.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Seeing this on the Twitter machine. Would solve multiple issues. My guess is someone trying to play connect the dots with McCardell.

Tajae Sharpe, Kendall Fuller, etc come to mind as recent busts trying to cheaply fill that #3 WR role, but I do think Cole has more upside than either of those guys. Might be worth a try if McCardell likes him.
With all the talent we have at the offensive skill positions, I do understand why they keep trying to go bargain hunting for the WR3 spot.

If we are checking the bargain bin, Corey Davis might be worth a peek. Change of scenery on a one year deal.

Given how little interest we have in running 3 receiver sets, I am more interested in getting a blazer at WR3. Cole isnt very fast, but a later round snag on like Anthony Schwartz, Ihmir Smith Marsette, or even if Tamorrion Terry falls would be better ideas. That much speed can make a big difference and we are seeing that a lot with successful teams.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
If we are checking the bargain bin, Corey Davis might be worth a peek. Change of scenery on a one year deal.
I am very interested to see Corey Davis' market. Mainly because talent isn't the issue and some teams are going to think they can fix him. Sammy Watkins ended up getting $16M/yr.. somehow. Lots of similarities there. Differences as well but I am not going to be shocked when his contract blows people away. 

The Athletic's Connor Hughes doesn't expect the Jets to re-sign impending free agent Breshad Perriman.Still just 27, Perriman landed a one-year deal with the Jets last offseason following his final-month breakout with the Bucs. Injuries became normal for Perriman with Gang Green, as he battled issues with both ankles from the start of the year. He played in 12 games, posting a 30-505-3 line but averaged a robust 16.8 yards per catch. In a perfect world, Perriman is a deep-threat No. 3 or 4 wideout on a good team, not the top outside weapon. The Jets have a whole lot of holes to fill on offense.
SOURCE: The Athletic

While I'm all for upgrading WR3, I don't see the logic in spending scarce FA dollars to do so. This is a deep WR draft. We're going to have four 4th round picks assuming that we receive a 4th round comp for Waynes. Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Shi Smith are all upgrades over Beebe or Bisi & at least one of them should be available on Day 3. 

Definitely more financially feasible to find a WR3 in the draft, but there are some interesting names that will become available. Plus, wtf else is there to talk about? Smile 

[Image: oezo7c9goofg.jpeg]

There’s going to be a lot of intriguing Veteran FA’s available this off-season w/ the 180m salary cap floor...!!! Get your popcorn ready! 
B)