Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TX Mayor: Only the strong will survive!
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"BigAl99" said:
Has anyone else seen the reports on the independent billing for the Tejas private utility companies.  Retired Vet 's bill went from $200 to $16k, automatic withdrawal, check out Griddy utility bills.

Damn windmills!
It's the market. It's infallible, remember? 
Why is the efficient-market hypothesis embraced by the conservative mind so much more than the laws of physics?  My opinion is marketing and a rudimentary grasp of the physical world, are the delimiting factors.  With a complex problem a lazy mind accepts easy short term money.

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
https://twitter.com/TexasTribune/status/...13473?s=19
That's the way of the world: assess blame reactively and let the scorched earth fly. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
That's the way of the world: assess blame reactively and let the scorched earth fly. 
Or cover your ass by getting out of dodge before investigation is complete, no consequences or accountability if you are not present. 

one question.  where is the finger pointing and blame game when this happens in a liberal state....like every year?  California's electrical issues have wiped out entire towns and led to massive forest fires that lead to many homeless or worse.  its amazing how this happens in texas and its cause for heads to roll,  but when major electrical grid failures happen annually in california we need to start a go fund me page.

how about we quit being hypocritical about the state of our countries infrastructure as a whole and accept that both parties and all states have a lot of explaining to do for why we can fund bull shit but cant re-string some power lines,   or replace a fucking bridge before it collapses.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
one question.  where is the finger pointing and blame game when this happens in a liberal state....like every year?  California's electrical issues have wiped out entire towns and led to massive forest fires that lead to many homeless or worse.  its amazing how this happens in texas and its cause for heads to roll,  but when major electrical grid failures happen annually in california we need to start a go fund me page.

how about we quit being hypocritical about the state of our countries infrastructure as a whole and accept that both parties and all states have a lot of explaining to do for why we can fund bull shit but cant re-string some power lines,   or replace a fucking bridge before it collapses.
The same California that is full of hypocrisy like this:

https://www.mashed.com/225543/the-real-r...alifornia/

But shhhh......this will never make the NY Times. Look over there! 

I can see the media bias both ways. My liberal friends just fail to admit it exists. What a surprise....both sides are blind (shocker).