Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you have Covid Vaccine yet?
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Mike Olson" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
and now some at the CDC are basically saying herd immunity is a myth with this virus.... now that cat is out of the bag good luck with getting many more to cross over and get vaccinated.  honestly I am starting to think that those of a healthy condition and low risk age should treat this like parents used to handle chicken pox with their young kids... just get exposed intentionally and get your antibodies going the natural way.

I am not anti vaccine, nor am I going to tell anybody that they have to get it,  but it is discouraging, but at the same time refreshing,  to have the so called experts finally admit that they are really throwing darts blind folded on this this shit.

https://www.latimes.com/science/story/20...d-immunity
If true then your idea would be no better than getting the vaccination. The reason that we may have problems with herd immunity is because of mutation which is largely happening in unvaccinated or non-previously affected populations. You are still MUCH better off getting the vaccine and giving your body the tools it needs to deal with it when it encounters the virus.
Except that studies are showing a stronger and longer immune response from actually developing natural antibodies vs the vaccine that carries no long term response mechanism.( i have read some reports questioning it effectiveness past 4 to 6 months. Hence the idea of the younger population getting infected while they are at the lowest risk (virtually none) of any serious affects from the virus.  Its essentially how traditional vaccines were built.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/20...-immunity/

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"Mike Olson" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
and now some at the CDC are basically saying herd immunity is a myth with this virus.... now that cat is out of the bag good luck with getting many more to cross over and get vaccinated.  honestly I am starting to think that those of a healthy condition and low risk age should treat this like parents used to handle chicken pox with their young kids... just get exposed intentionally and get your antibodies going the natural way.

I am not anti vaccine, nor am I going to tell anybody that they have to get it,  but it is discouraging, but at the same time refreshing,  to have the so called experts finally admit that they are really throwing darts blind folded on this this shit.

https://www.latimes.com/science/story/20...d-immunity
If true then your idea would be no better than getting the vaccination. The reason that we may have problems with herd immunity is because of mutation which is largely happening in unvaccinated or non-previously affected populations. You are still MUCH better off getting the vaccine and giving your body the tools it needs to deal with it when it encounters the virus.
The main four current mutations all happened pre-vaccine. 

The numbers dont lie (only politicians) youre much better off getting vaccinated then you are going without. 

I’m actually optomistic that covid-2 burns itself out. 
Heard a story today about how Israel had very good reaponse after a third round if vaccination. I am not sure if that was administered after four weeks like the standard second shot or if after 6 months like the booster.

I have had it, been through two rounds of vax, and have been boosted. So I think I am pretty safe. Fingers crossed and all that.

If anyone chooses to not get vaxed I sincerely hope that they remain healthy!
Thats the problem,  there are stories that support about every position on this issue,  doctors who will support them, and doctors that will refute them.  None of them seem to be right anymore than the others.  Much like the article mentions,   they are all dealing with unknowns and are changing their positions constantly,.  My old man is high risk,  has had covid,   had his first 2 rounds of shots,  and has had several of his doctors tell him they don't see the benefits of the booster outweighing the known risks at this point for him or my mom.  We also have a board member here who lost his mother recently, shortly after her booster shot,, from known complications from the booster.  I would imagine there are plenty out there that say they hope that those choosing to get the booster remain healthy.

I just hope everybody can stay healthy,  regardless of their position or actions on this matter. (I know we all do)

Quote: I just hope everybody can stay healthy,  regardless of their position or actions on this matter. (I know we all do)

These are the statements in all of the discussions that need to be heard the most.