Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zeus Jr Wants Out of Baltimore
Quote: @Kentis said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@pattersaur said:
Brown is young and proven, so I get the appeal. But he's a big dude. He weighs 50 lbs more than Rieff.

Talent is talent but aren't the Vikings kind of all-in on the smaller, athletic lineman? What happened to that?
Not to mention his cost in money and draft capital versus what say OT3 in the draft would be. For me doing this deal is a tough call. Especially if there really are "5 other teams" interested. $$$
EDIT- All that said if the Vikings make this deal I'd probably be super excited to lock in our LT.
Call it a little birdy but I think they're not 100% committed to finding lineman that are exact fits for stretch zone. They're going to transition to more of a "find the best lineman" approach. 

Now that’s a novel idea...! 
But why? What they've been doing is so proven. Confused

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
Rumors going around that Anthony Barr could be involved in the trade talks for Brown. Guru, have anything on this? 
I could see that. Vikings may end up trading Barr anyway, so it might make some sense to put him in this deal. I like Skodin's idea of 14 and a 3rd for the Raven's 25th (but that 25th pick have to be their 58th). Either way, they can probably include Barr and make the trade a little less painless. And that gives us a jackton of cap space. Probably shouldn't be paying a 4-3 LB that much anyway. 

Maybe the Vikings are re-thinking roster construction? When I heard Zimmer say last year that paying two safeties top dollar doesn't make cap sense, I almost stood up and cheered. Could be some serious roster adjustments going on. Putting big money where big money belongs (QB, OT, DL, CB) and putting small money where small money belongs (G, C, TE, 43LB, S). Just a thought. 
I'm awaiting the face palm when they use the Barr savings to resign Ant Harris and Eric Wilson.  :p

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
Rumors going around that Anthony Barr could be involved in the trade talks for Brown. Guru, have anything on this? 
I could see that. Vikings may end up trading Barr anyway, so it might make some sense to put him in this deal. I like Skodin's idea of 14 and a 3rd for the Raven's 25th (but that 25th pick have to be their 58th). Either way, they can probably include Barr and make the trade a little less painless. And that gives us a jackton of cap space. Probably shouldn't be paying a 4-3 LB that much anyway. 

Maybe the Vikings are re-thinking roster construction? When I heard Zimmer say last year that paying two safeties top dollar doesn't make cap sense, I almost stood up and cheered. Could be some serious roster adjustments going on. Putting big money where big money belongs (QB, OT, DL, CB) and putting small money where small money belongs (G, C, TE, 43LB, S). Just a thought. 
But they just cut an expensive OT. Last year they sent 3 veteran CBs packing, at least 2 (Waynes and Alexander) because they were going to be too expensive. Then they franchise tagged a S. I don't see a long-term strategy, just more "pay the favorites" going on here. Zimmer was just griping about Harris.

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:

I'm awaiting the face palm when they use the Barr savings to resign Ant Harris and Eric Wilson.  :p
[Image: d27ncz3p52fb.jpeg]

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:

But they just cut an expensive OT. Last year they sent 3 veteran CBs packing, at least 2 (Waynes and Alexander) because they were going to be too expensive. Then they franchise tagged a S. I don't see a long-term strategy, just more "pay the favorites" going on here. Zimmer was just griping about Harris.
Dude, you're a trip. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:

Eric Wilson maybe. But not Harris. That other safety position is just begging for a 2nd round draft choice. Now we just need to find one. Balance. In all units. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:

I was just thinking this could be one hell of an offseason...
Yeah, and not just for the Vikings. Every team in the NFL is cutting players and not resigning players left and right. Even the ones with cap space. Not sure what the scientific term for this is--equilibrium, inertia, osmosis, but something weird is going on with the balance of money and talent in the NFL.