Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What should Vikings Prioritize in 1st Round?
Quote: @Jor-El said:
@MaroonBells said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@Knucklehead said:
If one of the top 4 QBs slides to #14, that's a no-brainer for me assuming that Minny thinks that player can be QBOTF. But, let me throw out a name not mentioned yet:

Alijah Vera Tucker from USC

He's a plug & play OG. I've seen him mocked in the 11 - 16 range, so not a huge reach, if at all.
Along with Slater, I'm really interested in what he measures out at. Definitely a guy you plug in Day 1 at LG. 
Those two in particular are very interesting to me. The more guys we have on our roster who can play LT, the better. But as you say, plug and play at LG. Love the flexibility of both players...especially considering we don't yet know what happens with Reiff and Cleveland. 

An AVT (or Slater) pick looks like either...

Reiff-AVT-Brad-Cleveland-O'Neill
Cleveland-AVT-Brad-FA-O'Neill

Logical lineups, but I feel like the team still see O'Neill, not Cleveland, at LT. They tried him there when they were threatening to cut Reiff, and I think Geoff Nichols has mentioned that attitude. Also, this team stresses certain measurables, and I think Cleveland's 33-3/8" arms makes them consider him a Guard.

Dream lineup:
O'Neill-AVT-Bradbury-Cleveland-Udoh

Yes, I would love this team to prove they can coach a day 3 pick into a good starter in Udoh.
I wish we had some idea of where Udoh was in his development. Would've been nice to seem him play week 17. Because you're right, with one addition, that line has enormous potential. And we do it without spending a dime . In fact, saving $12M by moving Reiff.

But this move would seem to lock Cleveland into the guard position and I'm just not sure that's his best position.