Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I would hate to be....
Quote: @pattersaur said:
@minny65 said:
The old running the ball and great defense wins Champs is gone.  It is now dominant passing game, decent run game and decent defense playing better into the playoffs wins.

We'll never have this info but I'd love to get an age breakdown of Zim supporters is, versus his doubters. I have a feeling the impatient, disloyal millennials are ready to see him go. While the long-suffering, loyal fans respect what he's done and are fine with running it back.
So you're saying, "We older and wiser people support him, you stupid kids should just be grateful to have a football team and you'll be sorry when Zimmer is gone"..?? Well, that guess might be flawed, I'm 56, ready to dump Zimmer, and I think Minny65 and I are both way above the millenial age limit.

And what if the young do think Zimmer should go - does being young make them wrong?? It's their world soon, like it or not.
And these children that you spit on, as they try to change their world, are immune to your consultations, they're quite aware what they're going through.

45 and no longer a Zimmer fan. Was one until two years ago.

Just an observation:
The Browns plucked an Oline player  from the Giants practice squad and he seemingly put in a good show the past two games yet in three years we can't find any stability on the oline.

Quote: @minny65 said:
@Vikergirl said:
@purplefaithful said:
It hurt my heart to watch Diggs last night...
I was super happy for him. He is right. Run first offenses are dinosaurs in the league. Look at the Titans. They kept trying to get Derrick Henry going but once he was stopped, they were done. I miss Diggs but wish him well.
Good analogy.  The results with the run-only Ravens are another.  Also, I think the Browns (run heavy) are doomed today as well.  

The old running the ball and great defense wins Champs is gone.  It is now dominant passing game, decent run game and decent defense playing better into the playoffs wins.  That is why the Packers are looking really good.  Their offense is more balanced then any remaining team with dominant passing game and a defense that has been playing better and better...IMO Smile  They did Bakarahi (??) so that could hurt but it didn't yesterday.  
Watching the Titans was like watching the Vikings at times. They kept running it up the middle and I was like throw the damn ball.