Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Look @ 5 Viking FA's...
Quote: @"mblack" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Other than All-Vowels™, everyone else can walk. 
Interested in ur take on Eric Wilson. I thought he was decent.
He'll be far too expensive. Far too many missed tackles and blown assignments. That 3rd LB is only on the field 30% of the time. Not a good ROI.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Other than All-Vowels™, everyone else can walk. 
Interested in ur take on Eric Wilson. I thought he was decent.
He'll be far too expensive. Far too many missed tackles and blown assignments. That 3rd LB is only on the field 30% of the time. Not a good ROI.
Thanks! I really appreciate your view on players.

Bye, Bye, Bye, Bye, Bye. I hate to say it, but I wouldnt be surprised to see the Vikes take Micah Parsons if he slipped. Hear me out...

Wilson isn't good enough to be a reliable starter IMO...a lot of missed tackles this year and seemed clueless at times. Sure, he did make some big plays and had a decent amount of interceptions but the Vikes cant afford him. Also, I could see them release or trade Barr, who I am not really a fan of, to free up a good amount of cap space. I only think this happens if he slips to them, if Daviyon is gone, and if they dont like any of the tackles still on the board.

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
Bye, Bye, Bye, Bye, Bye. I hate to say it, but I wouldnt be surprised to see the Vikes take Micah Parsons if he slipped. Hear me out...

Wilson isn't good enough to be a reliable starter IMO...a lot of missed tackles this year and seemed clueless at times. Sure, he did make some big plays and had a decent amount of interceptions but the Vikes cant afford him. Also, I could see them release or trade Barr, who I am not really a fan of, to free up a good amount of cap space. I only think this happens if he slips to them, if Daviyon is gone, and if they dont like any of the tackles still on the board.
If that happens, I'll be replacing several TVs. Not that Parsons isn't good, it's just not a position of need. I'm pretty much set on Nixon. Rousseau would be intriguing. Davis, Darrisaw, or Slater. Hell, if one of the SEC WRs slid, I'd be down  with that. But a back 7 defender would probably result in a trip to Best Buy.

If they let Wilson walk before they get Barr to rework his deal then barr has the leverage amd no way he takes a decent pay cut to put his compensation in line with his productivity imo.

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
I'd be surprised if MIN brought any of these 5 back.
3 of the 5 have been very solid at times but with the team rebuilding they all will need to find new gigs, methinks.
EDIT- Is Rudolph not a FA? He's for sure gone too unless RS suddenly gets sentimental.
I agree with your general assessment, but here's the question: does team management agree the team is rebuilding? The Cousins extension, Ngakoue acquisition, even the Pierce signing and keeping Harris on a Franchise tag all suggest they did not see it last year and maybe still don't. So if the attitude is "our window is now" and blaming 2020 on letting too many good players leave, what will they do? Keep as many mediocre players as possible?

As for the players, I do think Wilson will leave because big plays earn contracts and someone will overlook his tackling. And I would not be surprised if another coaching staff can improve that in Wilson.

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
I'd be surprised if MIN brought any of these 5 back.
3 of the 5 have been very solid at times but with the team rebuilding they all will need to find new gigs, methinks.
EDIT- Is Rudolph not a FA? He's for sure gone too unless RS suddenly gets sentimental.
I agree with your general assessment, but here's the question: does team management agree the team is rebuilding? The Cousins extension, Ngakoue acquisition, even the Pierce signing and keeping Harris on a Franchise tag all suggest they did not see it last year and maybe still don't. So if the attitude is "our window is now" and blaming 2020 on letting too many good players leave, what will they do? Keep as many mediocre players as possible?

As for the players, I do think Wilson will leave because big plays earn contracts and someone will overlook his tackling. And I would not be surprised if another coaching staff can improve that in Wilson.
They walked the line between re-tooling and rebuilding last year and I just don't think they're committed to tearing it down. Tagging Harris and trading for Ngakoue were the tipping point since you conceivably could have "fixed" the salary cap constraint by taking their combined $21M in cap charges dolling that money to two lesser or minimum players and then rolling say $18M into this years cap. So instead of the team being $10M in the red against the cap they'd be $8ish M in the green. Its a pretty significant difference.