Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving on-Collins

good move for him,  i think its been pretty evident over the last couple years that the Vikings staff has no idea what they are doing when it comes to OL,  remember we wouldnt have seen ONeil,  or Cleveland if it werent for injuries,  in Clevelands case it took injuries to 2 OG before he was able to show his abilities.  We have seen the same with others along the front 5 that have looked noticably better than the guys they replaced and as bad,  horribly bad as Dozier looked this year and nobody else was even given a chance... inexcusable considering how good/decent Collins has looked in past opportunities. 

The offensive brain trust started Bisi Johnson over Justin Jefferson. I'm all for continuity, but someone needs to be taken to the woodshed over that one.

In the end, these are the HC’s call. He has final say. He is at every practice. Brent Jones was one of our better guards; much better than Dozier. But he played only as a last resort. Zimmer is not a real HC. He was once a top DC. Not sure about that anymore. 

Quote: @dadevike said:
In the end, these are the HC’s call. He has final say. He is at every practice. Brent Jones was one of our better guards; much better than Dozier. But he played only as a last resort. Zimmer is not a real HC. He was once a top DC. Not sure about that anymore. 
I agree on this is on Zimmer,  but I will disagree on Jones,  he was given chances in the past and I remember him getting pushed back pretty regular himself ( no anchor in pass pro), and also lacking athleticism that Dozier did have in the run game.  Jones is a nice swing guy,  but his value is more as a reserve center than a OG IMO.

Collins is free to sign anywhere. As a practice squad guy another team could have poached him but they didn’t. Jones was a free agent 2 years in a row, had to sign vet minimum deal. Same with Rashod Hill, vet minimum deal. These guys aren’t great.

The Vikings devoted resources and a incubator roster spot for 4 years into a player that developed into a solid? back up.....

Not good.

Quote: @Mattyman said:
The Vikings devoted resources and a incubator roster spot for 4 years into a player that developed into a solid? back up.....

Not good.
If he had been a solid backup, I wouldn't mind the investment (which was pretty small actually). But I think a "solid backup" is a player who can step in when a starter is hurt and play a few games without being a significant detriment to the performance of the unit and team. Collins never became that. 

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@Mattyman said:

Not good.
If he had been a solid backup, I wouldn't mind the investment (which was pretty small actually). But I think a "solid backup" is a player who can step in when a starter is hurt and play a few games without being a significant detriment to the performance of the unit and team. Collins never became that. 
At the bold: Welcome to the Rick and Zim way.