16: S Karl Joseph
15: WR, Devonte Parker
14: CB, Kyle Fuller
13: DT, Star Latulelei
12: DT, Michael Brockers
11: DE, Robert Quinn
10: S, Earl Thomas
09: S, Malcom Jenkins

A lot of mediocrity in that group.  I would certainly rather be drafting in the top 10, but the Vikings just plucked the best player in the draft last year with the 22nd pick so there's that. We can get an impact guy at 14 this year. Zim's going to push for defense but it's a good crop of offensive lineman and maybe one or two of those QB's is still on the board at #14

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Some past #14's:

20: DT, Jevan Kinlaw
19: G, Chris Lindstrom
18: DE, Marcus Davenport
17: DE, Derek Barnett

A lot of mediocrity in that group.  I would certainly rather be drafting in the top 10, but the Vikings just plucked the best player in the draft last year with the 22nd pick so there's that. We can get an impact guy at 14 this year. Zim's going to push for defense but it's a good crop of offensive lineman and maybe one or two of those QB's is still on the board at #14
There's some nice #15's that are out there too. I tried to post a # of 14 picks to give us a "flavor" of what that pick has brought. 

NO QB's or OT's the best of those go pretty early. NO OG's in that group either as teams tend to go other positional groups by then in the first round. 

I keep getting back to if they love one of the top 4 QB's? Have strong conviction? Make the move. The kid QB from ND is dropping from discussion imo too early by fans. 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Some past #14's:

20: DT, Jevan Kinlaw
19: G, Chris Lindstrom
18: DE, Marcus Davenport
17: DE, Derek Barnett

the Vikings just plucked the best player in the draft last year with the 22nd pick so there's that. We can get an impact guy at 14 this year. Zim's going to push for defense but it's a good crop of offensive lineman and maybe one or two of those QB's is still on the board at #14
I hadn't thought about it that way...But you're right, JJ might very well be the best player in that draft.