Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pretty crazy....

[Image: xkhog916mtvd.jpg]

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
And he should only get better. The accolades & statistics keep piling-up...

Nice to see the franchise get lucky - and I'm sure they had him rated highly going in.

My question is does the current offensive philosophy best utilize the Cook, AT, ISJ, JJ assets? Or not? 

Eventually they will need to replace AT to pair with him, but that's for another day. 
I think balance is the key to everything. Everybody wants to pass, but keep in mind, of the 8 finalists in the playoffs last year (Bal, SF, Ten, Sea, Min, Hou, GB, KC) SIX were top 10 rushing teams. And of the top 10 passing teams, only 3 made the playoffs. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
And he should only get better. The accolades & statistics keep piling-up...

Nice to see the franchise get lucky - and I'm sure they had him rated highly going in.

My question is does the current offensive philosophy best utilize the Cook, AT, ISJ, JJ assets? Or not? 

Eventually they will need to replace AT to pair with him, but that's for another day. 
I think balance is the key to everything. Everybody wants to pass, but keep in mind, of the 8 finalists in the playoffs last year (Bal, SF, Ten, Sea, Min, Hou, GB, KC) SIX were top 10 rushing teams. And of the top 10 passing teams, only 3 made the playoffs. 
We're in complete agreement. Being able to run is key to post-season success...

IT just feels like the Vikings are in these heavy sets far more than what I see in these more "progressive" (and winning) teams.That's an anecdotal take, maybe the actual data would prove me wrong.  

You may have hit the head in another thread...Zone, Athletic OL's dont traditionally pass-block well - and that's exactly what we got here in MN. Mix that with a QB who's as mobile as Mother Theresa and the running feels like it's partially there to protect the QB more than anything.