Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who else loved the Virtual draft?
honestly it was the fastest most efficient draft I have ever seen.  kept moving and I loved seeing the coaches and even the top players in thier own homes surrounded by family.  Just was a fun watch I thought.

Even after Covid I hope they keep some of the elements of this last draft.

As you can tell my mind is thinking about the draft more than the Lions.

Since I've turned the corner toward grumpy old man, I can't handle the schtick of the Draft TV coverage. Just want to see who gets picked. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Since I've turned the corner toward grumpy old man, I can't handle the schtick of the Draft TV coverage. Just want to see who gets picked. 
Here's to grumpy old men.   =)

Quote: @PSBLAKE said:
honestly it was the fastest most efficient draft I have ever seen.  kept moving and I loved seeing the coaches and even the top players in thier own homes surrounded by family.  Just was a fun watch I thought.

Even after Covid I hope they keep some of the elements of this last draft.

As you can tell my mind is thinking about the draft more than the Lions.
I liked it too. I think the NFL is pretty set on their big traveling circus though. It's become such a huge source of profit and marketing for them. Especially day one, with the green room adding an element of reality TV drama. 

What the NFL never seems to get is that by day three all the casual fans have tuned out, and the only people watching are nuts like me. So show us the picks and not the 400th recap of the top 10. 

Oh it's a $$ maker for sure...It'll be back. 

That said, how many fans just luv going to the draft and participating?

As life gets back to "normal" I'm happy this will become an option for many again. Especially for those that have a hoot participating, yelling, cheering and jeering. Putting on a jersey and flying the colors? For those fans? It's about great life events. 

Besides, who doesn't love a great boo of any sports commissioner?