Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fields: 'You like that?'

I'm not buying into Buckeyes or Fields.

Tide gonna roll...

Wow Fields was impressive.  He pretty much had to be a pocket passer after getting hurt, and that impressed me even more.  I think I'd rather have the #2 ranked QB in the draft.  That dude is tough, gritty, and can't zing it like he's ready for the next level.

So he's Kirk Cousins now?

Quote: @comet52 said:
I doubt he'll ever be that good. 

Quote: @comet52 said:
Not once in last night's game did Fields remind me of Cousins.

I thought Fields looked good last night but Clemson's defense did its best Minnesota Vikings defense impression. Zero pressure and a bunch of missed tackles. It really surprised me how little pressure Clemson's D line got on Fields. 

Quote: @HappyViking said:
Wow Fields was impressive.  He pretty much had to be a pocket passer after getting hurt, and that impressed me even more.  I think I'd rather have the #2 ranked QB in the draft.  That dude is tough, gritty, and can't zing it like he's ready for the next level.
He is not in the same league as Lawrence, in no way is it a discussion.  I'll take 3 years of work and not one game.  The Clemson defense was like watching ours, absolutely no pass rush and no coverage.  Lawrence did not have his OC, had to play from behind all night and they had no running game as their RB decided to get ready for the draft early, I think he fell out of the first round with that performance in which he showed no effort at all.  Despite their worst game of the year he still threw for 400.  

Quote: @HappyViking said:
I'm sure that is what the Jets are saying too.

Quote: @JR44 said:
@HappyViking said:
He is not in the same league as Lawrence, in no way is it a discussion.  I'll take 3 years of work and not one game.  The Clemson defense was like watching ours, absolutely no pass rush and no coverage.  Lawrence did not have his OC, had to play from behind all night and they had no running game as their RB decided to get ready for the draft early, I think he fell out of the first round with that performance in which he showed no effort at all.  Despite their worst game of the year he still threw for 400.  
Well, if a bunch of scouts overreact and decide to pass Lawrence, he's welcome to slide right down to the Vikings pick...