Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Year's Resolution for the Vikings
I saw this on ESPN and it is not the resolution I expected:

New Year's resolution: Commit to using star receivers
The Vikings can absolutely be a run-first team if they want to continue to carry that philosophy into 2021. It'd probably help if they were less predictable, like running less on second down, and one way to execute that is by prioritizing an uptick in usage for Justin Jefferson and Adam Thielen. Minnesota has two star wideouts who should each be nearing double-digit targets every game and relied on in critical situations, such as two-minute drives and helping the team get back into contention when playing from behind. -- Courtney Cronin

My New Year's resolution for the Vikings:  Commit to obtaining an average (or better) guard to replace Dozier in 2021.
I don't think I need to explain, the Vikings want to run and have a QB who needs a clean pocket, yet they have kicked the can of getting a decent guard down the road time and time again.  I am not sure the present group can even properly evaluate guards.

The trickle down impact of improved G play cannot be understated. Better pocket for Cousins. We're 5-1 when he's pressured 30% or less, even with our D in shambles. Better lanes for Cook. Next to a 3T, we get the interior OL fixed and we  are golden.

Trade Cousins for Mahomes, Jaleel and Pierce for Aaron Donald, our entire OL for the Colts OL, our secondary for the Dolphins secondary, and Zimmer for Shanahan. Did I do that right?

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
Trade Cousins for Mahomes, Jaleel and Pierce for Aaron Donald, our entire OL for the Colts OL, our secondary for the Dolphins secondary, and Zimmer for Shanahan. Did I do that right?
i like your idea. Set that to music.

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
Well, it sounds good but you forgot one. Make Hawkvike25 the GM!