Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hold Me Closer, Tiny Dantzler
PFF top rated rookie CB at 73.7

Not a bad year for trader Rick.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
PFF top rated rookie CB at 73.7

Not a bad year for trader Rick.
Not bad, considering he was the 11th CB taken. 

Dantzler has had pretty good coverage all year, he has just not mastered the art of having his body in the right position when the ball arrives.  In college he may have gotten away with that, but in the NFL the WRs will catch the ball even if you are all over them.  I think that is something that can be taught and when he gets better at playing the ball he will be a legit CB.  

Sorry @ BN, @StickyBun lays claim to that one...

Dantzler gotta put some meat on dem bonz;

..[Image: Yl0Ba9y.gif]

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Sorry @ BN, @StickyBun lays claim to that one...

Dantzler gotta put some meat on dem bonz;

..[Image: Yl0Ba9y.gif]
He needs anther 10 lbs, of muscle to handle those bigger receivers so he won't be pushed away on routes...Also, Zimmer likes those physical corner verses the runs.

Best thread title ever.

Whoever prepared Dantzler for the combine needs fired. A 4.64 forty cost him some drafts spots and some extra money. I'm glad he fell to the Vikings because I liked his film almost as much as Gladney's... but man that combine 40 time was a head scratcher that scared off some teams.

Quote: @Carl Knowles said:
Whoever prepared Dantzler for the combine needs fired. A 4.64 forty cost him some drafts spots and some extra money. I'm glad he fell to the Vikings because I liked his film almost as much as Gladney's... but man that combine 40 time was a head scratcher that scared off some teams.
He purposely put on burger weight for the combine because he and his agent thought that his skinny frame (6-2, 175) would drop him farther in the draft than whatever bad 40 time he turned in. He weighed in at 188, a good 12 to 15 more lbs than what he was used to carrying and ran 4.64. Later, back to his natural weight at his pro day, he ran 4.38. 

What he SHOULD have done was weigh in at the combine at 188, decline to run, then run at his pro day. And what he needs now is to put on good weight slowly over the next couple years. He'll never be a 6-2, 200 lb guy, but we can probably get him to 190.