Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After Reviewing The Film
Doug Pederson has decided to start Hurts again.

Um, yeah. Good call there, Dougie.

yea and that POS organization won a SB only a few years ago.  I have always hated the Eagles and most Philly sports teams even though I am born and raised in PA and lived in Philly for about 7/8.  Peterson wins a SB with a backup QB a couple of years after taking over for Reid.  Now he looks like he is barely an average HC.  WTF - why can't we find lightening in a bottle one of these F'in years.  I just want one SB win and don't care if we go 0-16 for 5 years after.  But then my expectations 6 years removed go sky high again Smile

Hurts is fresh,  no tape on him for teams to prepare for,  he should be able to win a few games.   The question is will he grow as a professional and will the team succeed once teams are prepared for him?

Hurts played with a boatload of confidence and the team fed off it. Playbook was very winnowed down, but he executed. Did not have the "wtf was that throw" which Wentz fell into by playing hero ball and being massively indecisive. Lots of RPO concepts to make it easier and take advantage of his athleticism. 1 game in, it went as well as anyone who has a GF who is an Eagles fan could hope for.

If the Eagles offered us Wentz for our mid first round pick, would you pull the trigger? Just curious....

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
If the Eagles offered us Wentz for our mid first round pick, would you pull the trigger? Just curious....
No. 

If Wentz gets moved, it's going to be a package like Osweiler went for. Wentz, a second for the backup long snapper.

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
not with his contract.  Wentz in the right scheme is still a weapon,  but he is banged up and hearing footsteps,  a bad combination.  He needs a Dallas type OL to keep him clean so he can get back to a comfort that will improve his accuracy and decision making.

Quote: @minny65 said:
yea and that POS organization won a SB only a few years ago.  I have always hated the Eagles and most Philly sports teams even though I am born and raised in PA and lived in Philly for about 7/8.  Peterson wins a SB with a backup QB a couple of years after taking over for Reid.  Now he looks like he is barely an average HC.  WTF - why can't we find lightening in a bottle one of these F'in years.  I just want one SB win and don't care if we go 0-16 for 5 years after.  But then my expectations 6 years removed go sky high again Smile
We had lightning and thunder in 1998 and still do not know how we lost that game.  We had some lightning in 2018 and had we beaten the Saints like we should have and not needed the miracle, we may have gone into the Philly game without the Minny Miracle hangover and it may have been a different game.  Bummer, we have been close, just didn't close out when we had the chance.