Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting defensive stat.

I think with those guys back next year and the added playing time for the rookies, Minnesota might be fairly decent on D next year. Find a 3T and a starting OG in the Draft and hey.....might be pretty good. 

I've been saying that Zimmer has done a hell of job with this young defense. Remember, 3 of the TD's allowed in the last 2 weeks were by the offense turning the ball over. The defense has actually been doing pretty good.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
I think with those guys back next year and the added playing time for the rookies, Minnesota might be fairly decent on D next year. Find a 3T and a starting OG in the Draft and hey.....might be pretty good. 
Or just not starting Jaleel haha. 41.4 PFF grade, puke. A 400lb Pierce would be better than that as would almost any DT. I do think the defense will be substantially better, but i'll bet its without Barr

Zim answered a question awhile ago... “I dont know.... ive never had a bad defense.  Ever” https://www.nfl.com/videos/mike-zimmer-on-new-look-vikes-d-i-ve-never-had-a-bad-defense-ever

if Zim maintains a top 10 ranking THIS year.... I’m a bigger believer than ever.

Quote: @"savannahskol" said:
Zim answered a question awhile ago... “I dont know.... ive never had a bad defense.  Ever” https://www.nfl.com/videos/mike-zimmer-on-new-look-vikes-d-i-ve-never-had-a-bad-defense-ever

if Zim maintains a top 10 ranking THIS year.... I’m a bigger believer than ever.
He did have a shit defense when he was the DC for Atlanta, but he coached under Bobby Petrino, so I'll give him a pass for that. Plus it lead to an all time great quote.

“When a coach quits in the middle of the year and ruins a bunch of people’s families and doesn’t have enough guts to finish out the year, I’m not a part of it,” Zimmer said. “And you can put that in the Arkansas News Gazette. I don’t really give a (bleep). He’s a coward, he ruined a bunch of people’s lives, a bunch of families, kids, because he didn’t have enough (guts) to stay there and finish the job. And that’s the truth. Most people in football have enough courage about him and enough fight to stick it out and not quit halfway through the year. It’s cowardly.”

Quote: @"PurpleCrush" said:
@"savannahskol" said:

He did have a shit defense when he was the DC for Atlanta, but he coached under Bobby Petrino, so I'll give him a pass for that. Plus it lead to an all time great quote.

“When a coach quits in the middle of the year and ruins a bunch of people’s families and doesn’t have enough guts to finish out the year, I’m not a part of it,” Zimmer said. “And you can put that in the Arkansas News Gazette. I don’t really give a (bleep). He’s a coward, he ruined a bunch of people’s lives, a bunch of families, kids, because he didn’t have enough (guts) to stay there and finish the job. And that’s the truth. Most people in football have enough courage about him and enough fight to stick it out and not quit halfway through the year. It’s cowardly.”
Aside from how I feel about him as a coach, Zim's quotes and antics are hilarious. Dating an absolute smokeshow, constant hilarious jokes, and pulling out a giant wad of chew hidden in a bag of sunflower seeds during a game. The guy is extremely entertaining

The Vikings are #3 in redzone defense (50.22%) according to: 

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/op...coring-pct

In 2019 the Vikings were at 45.45% in the redzone.

Run D was 111.7 per game in 2019 and jumped up to 121 this year.

Pass D was 227 per game (2019) and is up to 261 yards per game (26th)

No pass rush and rookie corners are the obvious reasons for the decline.

Last season the Vikings gave up 2.0 TDs per game... this year the number is up to 2.9 TDs per game.