• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too Quiet
Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
If they beat the Bears next week on MNF I'll think they've turned the corner. If not same old shit.
Agree with this. If the Vikes can beat the Bears and keep rolling with victories over Dallas, Carolina, and Jacksonville then they really may have a shot. 
a shot at what though exactly?
An additional team is added to the final slot of the playoffs. If this takes place then they have a shot at getting in. Bears are tanking and I honestly dont seem them getting in right now. The NFC East is, well, lolz, so that leaves two other divisions you are competing with for the final slot. It's certainly possible
I watched a bit of the Bears game yesterday. Damn they were godawful. I think they had two first downs the entire first half and one of those was on a fake punt.

Of course they'll bring their A-game next week but its interesting that the Vikings are favored on the road. If I'm the Vikings I come out firing with Cousins.
Their offense is absolutely brutal to watch, but their defense is very good so I do expect the defense to play well. I'd keep giving the ball to Dalvin, let's see how this OL can do against Chicago's front 7. If it's going well then might as well mix in some long passing plays
Hmm, 3-16 last 19 at Chicago, Kirk is 0-9 on MNF.   If they can shut down Cook and make Kirk beat them, it will be another long night.

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
If they beat the Bears next week on MNF I'll think they've turned the corner. If not same old shit.
Agree with this. If the Vikes can beat the Bears and keep rolling with victories over Dallas, Carolina, and Jacksonville then they really may have a shot. 
An additional team is added to the final slot of the playoffs. If this takes place then they have a shot at getting in. Bears are tanking and I honestly dont seem them getting in right now. The NFC East is, well, lolz, so that leaves two other divisions you are competing with for the final slot. It's certainly possible
I watched a bit of the Bears game yesterday. Damn they were godawful. I think they had two first downs the entire first half and one of those was on a fake punt.

Of course they'll bring their A-game next week but its interesting that the Vikings are favored on the road. If I'm the Vikings I come out firing with Cousins.
Their offense is absolutely brutal to watch, but their defense is very good so I do expect the defense to play well. I'd keep giving the ball to Dalvin, let's see how this OL can do against Chicago's front 7. If it's going well then might as well mix in some long passing plays
I can almost guarantee that Chicago's game plan will be to stack it up against the run. If the Vikings come out passing they might just catch them off guard. Obviously, don't abandon the run, but this might be a game to see what sort of passing game we can put on tape. Because even if we do climb back into playoff contention, we're not going to get too far being one dimensional. 

Quote: @"comet52" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:

Hmm, 3-16 last 19 at Chicago, Kirk is 0-9 on MNF.   If they can shut down Cook and make Kirk beat them, it will be another long night.

The last two games, we had 34 passing plays and 68 running plays - passing 33% of plays. Even for "running teams", the mix is rarely less than 50-50. So a team with a decent defense is going to commit to stuffing our rushing and dare us to rely on Cousins' passing.

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
@"comet52" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:

The last two games, we had 34 passing plays and 68 running plays - passing 33% of plays. Even for "running teams", the mix is rarely less than 50-50. So a team with a decent defense is going to commit to stuffing our rushing and dare us to rely on Cousins' passing.
cousins passing and out OL protecting him on what will surely be long wet grass.

Quote:

There’s the cold reality we face, similar to throwing a hot bucket of water into the cold freezing air, it freezes every damn time...!  Confused  

Quote: @"Kentis" said:

There’s the cold reality we face, similar to throwing a hot bucket of water into the cold freezing air, it freezes every damn time...!  Confused  
If its cold enough it just turns to vapor and never touches the ground.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Kentis" said:

If its cold enough it just turns to vapor and never touches the ground.

Exactly, like the purple when playing at Soldier Field, unfortunately...  Confused 

I agree with VG that we haven’t done anything yet, except maybe slip down the draft order some.  But maybe, just maybe, this team is finding itself.  OL improving with Ezra in there. DL—watching Wilson claim MLB, Mat’afa, starting to blossom at DE. Gladney and the kids learning fast on the job.  And of course Dalvin. And since, come game time, I can’t ever root for them to lose no matter what the draft order is—I am enjoying this team now.  Sure, they might ( probably will) ultimately disappoint me, but I’m not going ask for pain before it happens. Go Vikes!