Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why couldn’t we have given him 5 mil in 18
https://www.espn.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/34265/panthers-fall-short-again-despite-teddy-bridgewaters-heroics

to be the backup 

He would have been really good in this O. No he is not the goat or anything, just a winner. 

teddy is a gamer

He's a decent game manager. But he's not a guy that can carry a team. Neither can Cousins. I want to take a swing at something with more upside.

Teddy is good not great and whatever he is isn't enough to overcome the mismanagement by Rick and Zim.

I can't find it, but late in 2017 there were reports the Vikings offered Bridgewater a contract, possibly for more than the $5M he accepted from the Jets for 2018, and he turned it down. There were pretty strong hints he was displeased with the teams' management by that point, probably due to Spielman trying to "toll" his contract after he was injured.

A lot of fans still have a love affair with Teddy, but it's one-sided now. Spielman ticked him off repeatedly after he was injured.

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
I can't find it, but late in 2017 there were reports the Vikings offered Bridgewater a contract, possibly for more than the $5M he accepted from the Jets for 2018, and he turned it down. There were pretty strong hints he was displeased with the teams' management by that point, probably due to Spielman trying to "toll" his contract after he was injured.

A lot of fans still have a love affair with Teddy, but it's one-sided now. Spielman ticked him off repeatedly after he was injured.
I call B.S. on this narrative. The team wouldn't commit to Bridgewater because he was coming back from an unprecedented injury. It was a big risk and uncharted territory. So many fans butthurt over Bridgewater still, just let it go. Teddy is a great kid but he's not a great NFL QB. Its time for the organization to take a swing again at a QB in a year they probably will be drafting top 6. Let's want more than game managers like Bridgewater and Cousins. 

Bridgewater wanted his chance to start.  He wasn’t staying here to be a backup.  I don’t think he had any real animosity, but he
needed to go somewhere we he could show his worth and get a chance.

He may be a late bloomer, but if Teddy was going to be great, might we have seen that by now? Maybe never relinquishing the job back to Brees and that surround in Nola for example? 

Anyways, I always wish the kid well. He got screwed and persevered.

Made some decent, life changing $$ along the way too.