Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't look now, fans
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
Once the schedules balance out in terms of bye weeks affecting Win/Loss %,  the Vikings have the third pick as long as all concerned teams continue to lose.  Of course we play the jags who currently sit ahead of us so in essence the Vikings once again control their own destiny for the #2 pick unless the SOS gets jumbled and their number goes lower and pushes them down.
Oh that Vikings Jags game will be an interesting one. 4 weeks from the finish line with both teams trying desperately hard to lose, while trying equally hard to make it not obvious.

I sure hope the rest of the season we get to see some players like Cleveland and Udoh and Dye, just to make it worthwhile. 

I would worry more that the Vikings will win a few games and take themselves out of it.  

Quote: @"comet52" said:
I would worry more that the Vikings will win a few games and take themselves out of it.  
That would be so the Viking way...

Quote: @"comet52" said:
I think that has been most Vikings fans worry since they say how horribly inept they were against the Packer the first game and knew that this just wasnt going to be our year... if not then,  certainly after the falcons took em to the woodshed.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"comet52" said:
I think that has been most Vikings fans worry since they say how horribly inept they were against the Packer the first game and knew that this just wasnt going to be our year... if not then,  certainly after the falcons took em to the woodshed.
Imagine going say, 5-11, having maybe the 8th pick, Rick and Zim still here.  The QBs are gone and they take a first round.... corner..lol. 

Then it's on to camp and another year of Kirk in various on-field fetal positions, Dalvin's annual 5 game injury break, and TCO pumping swill about our 'chances'.  Good God I might start rooting for the Pack, hell I already live in Wisconsin.

@comet52 said
Imagine going say, 5-11, having maybe the 8th pick, Rick and Zim still here.  The QBs are gone and they take a first round.... corner..lol.  

Then it's on to camp and another year of Kirk in various on-field fetal positions, Dalvin's annual 5 game injury break, and TCO pumping swill about our 'chances'.  Good God I might start rooting for the Pack, hell I already live in Wisconsin.

No. Please NO!

If Spielman doesn't get fired (and I don't think he will because he is STILL HERE after the Yannnick Ngakoue "trades"), I think he targets a QB early in the draft to understudy and compete with Cousins. Why?

Because that plan saves his bacon, period.

I think the Wilfs have already signed off on the idea of unloading the high dollar veterans in favor of drafting young talent.

Step one has already begun. Rebuild with draft picks cause they can afford FA.

Step two is drafting a QB. You can't move on from Cousins unless you draft a young stud. 

Zimmer might be on the hot seat? But, I think he will be safe because spending big money on Cousins was not his idea to begin with.

If Zimmer and Spielman aren't throwing each other under the bus (and I don't think they are/will), they could move forward with a common plan centered around drafting a QB.

Either one, Trey Lance or Zach Wilson will be probably be available at pick 8. 

Quote: @"Carl Knowles" said:
@comet52 said

No. Please NO!

If Spielman doesn't get fired (and I don't think he will because he is STILL HERE after the Yannnick Ngakoue "trades"), I think he targets a QB early in the draft to understudy and compete with Cousins. Why?

Because that plan saves his bacon, period.

I think the Wilfs have already signed off on the idea of unloading the high dollar veterans in favor of drafting young talent.

Step one has already begun. Rebuild with draft picks cause they can afford FA.

Step two is drafting a QB. You can't move on from Cousins unless you draft a young stud. 

Zimmer might be on the hot seat? But, I think he will be safe because spending big money on Cousins was not his idea to begin with.

If Zimmer and Spielman aren't throwing each other under the bus (and I don't think they are/will), they could move forward with a common plan centered around drafting a QB.

Either one, Trey Lance or Zach Wilson will be probably be available at pick 8. 
I am really liking Zach after watching a few BYU games. Gives me flashback to the steve young era.