Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In a distant universe
Teddy's knee explodes again, but instead of us going after Sam Bradford, Nick Foles says to play for us.  We keep our 1st round pick, we draft Brandon Graham, Foles comes in and wins a Super Bowl with a stacked team.  All is well

I have to admit I thought the trade for Bradford was daring and applauded it. But I do think, in hindsight, the trade for Bradford was the turning point for this franchise. Spielman planned on the team getting a window with a QB on a rookie contract, and that plan blew up with Bridgewater's knee. 

I don't know about your Foles idea - I think his success with the Eagles was a unique set of circumstances. But what if Spielman had said, "OK, we take a year with Shaun Hill and try to bring Teddy back next year or draft a new QB, and stick to the plan." Bradford went 7-8 after taking over from Hill...how much worse would we have finished, maybe 6-10? Want a real mouthwatering fantasy, imagine they finished 6-10...and that draft pick used to get Bradford could have picked Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson. 

Back to our timeline now...