Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GT Hits Career Mark
Quote: @Jor-El said:
@KingBash said:
@Skodin said:
@KingBash said:
I never thought it possible, but Zimmer might actually be shown the door this year. This is a collapse like I've never seen. 

What do you mean?  It's not like we are LOSING by 20 AT HOME to an WINLESS TEAM in WEEK FUCKING 6.  Get lost Zim, Spielman, and Cousins
I don't want to be knee-jerk. One game isn't indicative, we all know that. But I honestly - HONESTLY - believe Zimmer peaked around the end of 2017. That's when teams figured out this coaching staff. And that's when our star-studded cast began aging as well. Without that ELITE group we had, Zimmer and his staff were exposed.

I don't think I've liked a coach more either. Seems like a great dude that knows and loves football, but ultimately the product isn't great anymore. And the Cousins signing... I'll admit I've optimistically said that he's finally turned a corner. He hasn't. He never will. He's good, not great. If we'd have picked him up for cheap, I'd love him. But this isn't the guy you spend tens of millions on. 
That's a great point that his cost is a huge part of the equation. Problem is, a QB doesn't stay cheap for long if he has ANY success. Keenum was a cheap pickup but after 2017 he was getting his money. If Cam keeps playing well in New England, he'll get a new deal, and if Andy Dalton has a big season in Dallas, same thing.

We could have kept Case and Teddy and still had money left over in 18 than Cousins.  Would have been out of each contract right now if they didn't want to roll with either in 19.  It was stupid.
You have cap room a great team who has come together and you BLOW your cap space on a guy no one could trust.  I guarantee Spielman has had a hard on for Cousins since his college days

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I just posted earlier the rationale the Vikings may have had to keep KC. I get it at the time.

Heck, only thing worse as a fan would be to be there watching it live, and having to pay to watch it too. 

So glad I have my season tix reimbursement. 

Anyone else ready to see this team get a top 3 pick next draft?
I cant see any coming back after this.  

Cousins’ nickname Is “GT” aka Garbage Time! 

Quote: @Skodin said:
@Jor-El said:
@KingBash said:
@Skodin said:
@KingBash said:
I never thought it possible, but Zimmer might actually be shown the door this year. This is a collapse like I've never seen. 

What do you mean?  It's not like we are LOSING by 20 AT HOME to an WINLESS TEAM in WEEK FUCKING 6.  Get lost Zim, Spielman, and Cousins
I don't want to be knee-jerk. One game isn't indicative, we all know that. But I honestly - HONESTLY - believe Zimmer peaked around the end of 2017. That's when teams figured out this coaching staff. And that's when our star-studded cast began aging as well. Without that ELITE group we had, Zimmer and his staff were exposed.

I don't think I've liked a coach more either. Seems like a great dude that knows and loves football, but ultimately the product isn't great anymore. And the Cousins signing... I'll admit I've optimistically said that he's finally turned a corner. He hasn't. He never will. He's good, not great. If we'd have picked him up for cheap, I'd love him. But this isn't the guy you spend tens of millions on. 
That's a great point that his cost is a huge part of the equation. Problem is, a QB doesn't stay cheap for long if he has ANY success. Keenum was a cheap pickup but after 2017 he was getting his money. If Cam keeps playing well in New England, he'll get a new deal, and if Andy Dalton has a big season in Dallas, same thing.

We could have kept Case and Teddy and still had money left over in 18 than Cousins.  Would have been out of each contract right now if they didn't want to roll with either in 19.  It was stupid.
You have cap room a great team who has come together and you BLOW your cap space on a guy no one could trust.  I guarantee Spielman has had a hard on for Cousins since his college days
Exactly. The problem wasn't JUST the money he was given, it was the mindset that he was our savior after so long. The money indicated that. My buddy is a lifelong Skins fan and I remember talking to him after the trade. He just said to prepare for mediocrity. But in the sense that he'll have HUGE games... and then stinkers. But ultimately he won't win the big one. 

Quote: @KingBash said:
@Skodin said:
@Jor-El said:
@KingBash said:
@Skodin said:
@KingBash said:

Exactly. The problem wasn't JUST the money he was given, it was the mindset that he was our savior after so long. The money indicated that. My buddy is a lifelong Skins fan and I remember talking to him after the trade. He just said to prepare for mediocrity. But in the sense that he'll have HUGE games... and then stinkers. But ultimately he won't win the big one. 
If not "savior", it was definitely the idea that Cousins was "the missing piece" - in fact, he was supposedly the ONLY missing piece.

I actually think Spielman thought getting Cousins would be at least as good as when Childress brought in Favre.

GT hits Jefferson...!  Wink B)