Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trask vs Mond was a dandy!
Texas AM upset Florida in a 41-38 shoot out behind a solid showing from senior QB Kellen Mond. Mond was 25-35 for 338 yards and 3 TD. It might have been Mond's biggest win of his young career and it certainly put him on my QB watch list for the 2021 draft. 

Mond reminds me of Dak Prescott. 

Mond has a different throwing motion. He's a shotgun/pistol QB, doesn't take snaps from under center. Sees half the field. Not sure about this guy, JMO. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Mond has a different throwing motion. He's a shotgun/pistol QB, doesn't take snaps from under center. Sees half the field. Not sure about this guy, JMO. 
Agree but Dak Prescott had a lot of those same things said about him when he entered the NFL. Prescott has really developed into a quality NFL passer.

If the Vikings only choice is a 3rd round QB (we have no 2nd rd),.. I'm ok with Mond developing behind Cousins for a year or two.

Quote: @Carl Knowles said:
@StickyBun said:
Agree but Dak Prescott had a lot of those same things said about him when he entered the NFL. Prescott has really developed into a quality NFL passer.

If the Vikings only choice is a 3rd round QB (we have no 2nd rd),.. I'm ok with Mond developing behind Cousins for a year or two.
Might be an option, Carl! I'll keep an eye on the kid. 

He is another one to keep an eye on because the Vikings are not going to be in the running as the worst of the worst teams.