Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Titans broke protocols and gathered for a workout
Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
@"greediron" said:
grown men, fit, top condition and they are supposed to be afraid.  Of a positive test.
Point is, many people aren't buying the bullshit.
Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"greediron" said:
To paraphrase, if you are willing to give up freedoms for nice things, you will get neither. 

Follow the ever changing non-sense rules and we will give you your daily morsel.  I wonder if any nation has tried that method of ruling?
I'm confused. Are you saying that being more strict wont help? USA is literally in the worse shape out of all countries. If the Titans and other teams don't follow protocols the season will get shut down so my "freedom" to watch the nfl wont be available. I, like 99% of people on this site, love watching football. I would like for people to follow the rules set forth by those who pay their salary so I can watch games.
That is slavery.  have you learned nothing from Kaepernick?
I am a frown man. I am in fairly good condition all things considered. I got it and my case was mild. However I believe my Dad got it from me that really coukd have been bad. Thanfully it wasn’t but that is the point I think you are missing. This is a deadly virus. The entire world is not lying to you for a political stunt. This had been a problem in ither countries so it isn’t just a lefty liberals are causing a ruckus thing. Get over it. It is happening and it is continuing to happen. 

Slavers were paying their slaves? I am going to go ahead and believe you didn’t really mean to compare this to slavery.

I didn't, that is a Kaepernick, Adrian Peterson comparison.  I was just pointing out how asinine the comments were.

Quote: @"KingBash" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"KingBash" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
Sorry Greed but the data has a different interpretation.

Those who become infected:
70% wore mask all the time
42% had close contact with someone positive for Covid
       51% contact with infected family member
       17% contact with infected co-worker

Contrast with those who did not become infected:
74% wore mask all the time
15% had close contact with someone positive for Covid
       22% contact with infected family member 
       26% contact with infected co-worker

People that became infected had almost 3x higher contact with someone known to be infected.  Contacts were primarily with family (51%) and co-workers (17%).  People wear masks in public but do they at home?  I don't but my wife is retired and minimizes her trips out in public.

True, there is a higher rate there and less likely to wear a mask.  Although the study does say "always".  Point is, if you are going to get it, you are going to get it.  No one in their right mind would suggest wearing a mask around your own home, would they?
The likelihood of getting it from family is more about proximity.  I believe the "close contact" is defined by being within 6 feet for more than 15 minutes.  Apart from cube neighbors, who else do we spend that much time in close contact with?  This isn't new, we have understood flu transmission in this way as well.  Spending significant time in the same room with a contagious person.
But with that known, can we really prevent ever getting sick?  No.  This was about flattening the curve so we didn't overwhelm the hospitals.  That was done long ago, and mask weren't part of the solution back then either. 

The point of this study in my mind is that masks aren't preventing cases.  And that is what so many have said for so long.
Why do you think you know more than respected medical experts? "In your mind" doesn't matter because, like me, you're just a regular guy that Googled some shit. I'll take the word of Dr. Fauci.
Based on your replies, I will strenuously object to being "like you".
And funny that you mention trusting Fauci.  A life-long bureaucrat with absolutely nothing to hide and doing everything from the sincere goodness in his heart.
It's scary that there are so many out there just like you. Regular Joes that watch Fox and share Q memes on Facebook and boom: you've figured out what the rest of us couldn't!

You're just a draining group of people. And because you're all easily duped, everything is shit right now. 

draining?  You must have been drained long ago.  Your projection about being duped is quite appropriate tho.  Don't watch fox news, they are as bad as CNN.  Wouldn't know a Q Meme from a random gif on the internet, but glad you have a nice neat box for everyone.  Must make it easier to stay duped.

@"KingBash" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"KingBash" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
Sorry Greed but the data has a different interpretation.

Those who become infected:
70% wore mask all the time
42% had close contact with someone positive for Covid
       51% contact with infected family member
       17% contact with infected co-worker

Contrast with those who did not become infected:
74% wore mask all the time
15% had close contact with someone positive for Covid
       22% contact with infected family member 
       26% contact with infected co-worker

People that became infected had almost 3x higher contact with someone known to be infected.  Contacts were primarily with family (51%) and co-workers (17%).  People wear masks in public but do they at home?  I don't but my wife is retired and minimizes her trips out in public.

True, there is a higher rate there and less likely to wear a mask.  Although the study does say "always".  Point is, if you are going to get it, you are going to get it.  No one in their right mind would suggest wearing a mask around your own home, would they?
The likelihood of getting it from family is more about proximity.  I believe the "close contact" is defined by being within 6 feet for more than 15 minutes.  Apart from cube neighbors, who else do we spend that much time in close contact with?  This isn't new, we have understood flu transmission in this way as well.  Spending significant time in the same room with a contagious person.
But with that known, can we really prevent ever getting sick?  No.  This was about flattening the curve so we didn't overwhelm the hospitals.  That was done long ago, and mask weren't part of the solution back then either. 

The point of this study in my mind is that masks aren't preventing cases.  And that is what so many have said for so long.
Why do you think you know more than respected medical experts? "In your mind" doesn't matter because, like me, you're just a regular guy that Googled some shit. I'll take the word of Dr. Fauci.
Based on your replies, I will strenuously object to being "like you".
And funny that you mention trusting Fauci.  A life-long bureaucrat with absolutely nothing to hide and doing everything from the sincere goodness in his heart.
It's scary that there are so many out there just like you. Regular Joes that watch Fox and share Q memes on Facebook and boom: you've figured out what the rest of us couldn't!

You're just a draining group of people. And because you're all easily duped, everything is shit right now. 

draining?  You must have been drained long ago.  Your projection about being duped is quite appropriate tho.  Don't watch fox news, they are as bad as CNN.  Wouldn't know a Q Meme from a random gif on the internet, but glad you have a nice neat box for everyone.  Must make it easier to stay duped.
Because you're all essentially the same. Sorry if you don't fall into that category. But... you're close.

whatever illusion you must maintain to stay duped.

whatever illusion you must maintain to stay duped.
Quote:
Wear a mask ALWAYS: 70.6%
NEVER wear a mask: 3.9
I'll take Retarded Conclusions By Duped Guys for $300, Alex.