Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OLB Ahmad Brooks anyone?
Looks like he's getting cut. 33 years old and the 49ers are going with youth in his spot. No idea if it makes sense or not as a stopgap. Guess it depends how happy they are with the battle between Robinson/Gedeon/Lamur.....probably isn't even on their radar. 

Pass. Robinson has been solid; he just hasn't made big plays. Well, that may come with comfort and playing time, and solid is OK for a LB spot that is only on the field about 30% of the time. Gedeon has shown a lot of promise to be a solid backup at minimum, and Eric Wilson has potential to be the WLB/S hybrid Zimmer wants. I'm not even sure we should keep 6 LBs.

Ive been rooting for Robinson to take the job after he leaped up and knocked that pass down against Buffalo; he was so high in the air my jaw dropped.

I don't think the Vikings will have an interest. The salary, combined with injury risk of an older player is what usually causes clubs to go with youth over experience. But he has been a very special player for a long time. I don't think he would have an interest in Minnesota either, but I suspect he has another good year or two in him, if he wants to play.
Can't see Spielman doing it, but I would love to give him a chance. He has been a great player.