Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really surprised at how inept the Offense is
I knew they'd miss Diggs but never thought they would be this bad. Not sure if it's Kirk, the OL, the receivers or Kubiak's play calling but they are fuckin horrible right now. Not sure they will improve but I am not counting on it.

Quote: @"1VikesFan" said:
Not sure if it's Kirk, the OL, the receivers or Kubiak's play calling
yes to all...

It's problems from the D too...This is not a catch-up offense. Its a pound the ball offense. Cook has 13 rushes per game the last 2 games. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
Not sure if it's Kirk, the OL, the receivers or Kubiak's play calling
yes to all...

It's problems from the D too...This is not a catch-up offense. Its a pound the ball offense. Cook has 13 rushes per game the last 2 games. 
You can't have a run first offense if your defense can't get off the field. 

When have we been successful with this “run first offense” Zimmer dreams about? Our best year in his era was with Cook hurt and Shurmur calling a pass-preferred offense. Even with Peterson, Childress figured out he needed pass-first. 

I’m glad Jefferson caught a few passes. But Stefon Diggs caught 8 for 153 today - we don’t need him, do we? Diggs was sent packibg because he disagreed with Zimmer’s offensive philosophy. We got rid of the wrong one, folks.

Kirk, the OL, the receivers or Kubiak's play calling-all of the above. Getting rid of one of your best receivers doesn't help either. It's a mess.

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
When have we been successful with this “run first offense” Zimmer dreams about? Our best year in his era was with Cook hurt and Shurmur calling a pass-preferred offense. Even with Peterson, Childress figured out he needed pass-first. 

I’m glad Jefferson caught a few passes. But Stefon Diggs caught 8 for 153 today - we don’t need him, do we? Diggs was sent packibg because he disagreed with Zimmer’s offensive philosophy. We got rid of the wrong one, folks.
I've always loved a use the pass to set-up the run philosophy. 

Hell, that traces back to Bert Favre...

We dont have the personnel for that in 2020. 

Not surprised with the Zimmer offense. They never have drafted seriously to run the type of offense that they want. 

Extension for Cousins, extensions for Zimmer and Spielman....and a hot mess so far in 2020. Pretty gross in all seriousness. 

Its funny what you can rationalize as a fan before the games are played. I actually thought they'd be at least ok this season. Nope.