Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hunter and 0-3
Hypothetical- if Vikings are 0-3 and Hunter is ready to return, would you trade him to Miami for 2 first round picks and a second round pick?

No, cant trade our best player and don't trust our front office to use the picks wisely...

Quote: @Lee 19 said:
Hypothetical- if Vikings are 0-3 and Hunter is ready to return, would you trade him to Miami for 2 first round picks and a second round pick?
If they end up like 1-4 or 2-6, something like that, maybe you start thinking what way (but don't trade Hunter). I think the team could use a mini-rebuild season and hit it in 2021. Normally, this Colts game would be the type where Minnesota rebounds well but I think its going to be a close game, one they might lose. 

No, kind of agree that this is sort of a rebuild season but can't let someone like Hunter go.

Why would you trade one of the best players? Also if he has a neck injury, that could be a concern regarding trade value.

Quote: @Lee 19 said:
Good pass-rushers are hard to find, he's young with big upside. Miami is probably going to suck a bit while Tua matures. 

But I would have to give it serious consideration.

Regardless if the Vikings were 0/3 or not. 

Only if they'd take Mike Zimmer as part of the trade.

Quote: @comet52 said:
Only if they'd take Mike Zimmer as part of the trade.
Anyone else think this last 3 year extension is it for old Zimm? 

I do...

They brought him in to fix the D, be competitive with Rogers and Stafford in their prime, instill discipline and restore some tarnished franchise imagery.

All needed after Tice and Frazier. Thats all been done now.  It'll be time to move on. Very different times today.

Having some continuity at coaching in this cluster f of a year I can find peace with. But it's getting time to start a new Viking novel soon.  

No for many reasons, but more importantly - why would Spielman do it? At 0-3 he and Zimmer would already be feeling some heat, and trading Hunter would hardly end the slide. More likely it would discourage players. Then you risk our upcoming free agents deciding this isn’t a place to stay - guys like Harris, O’Neill, and above all, Yannick Ngakoue. If Ngakoue does not sign a new deal here, we gave up our 2021 2nd rounder - which will be very high if we suck this year - for a one year rental. Will the Yannick trade look smart if that happens? Will anyone be applauding Spielman for it??

No, if they were tanking for ‘21 they wouldn’t have traded for Yannick. And i don’t believe Spielman and Zimmer have the job security for a crashed season.