Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Dakota AG 'said he hit a deer'
The Sheriff let him take his car home?  This story reeks with something like BS, fish or both.

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
The Sheriff let him take his car home?  This story reeks with something like BS, fish or both.
I dunno, anytime I have an accident the cop always loans me his patrol car for the night.

You mean that’s not normal?

This...
Quote:I looked around the vehicle in the dark and saw nothing to indicate what I had hit. All I could see were pieces of my vehicle laying on and around the roadway. Because it was dark and I didn’t have a flashlight, I used my cell phone flashlight to survey the ditch but couldn’t see anything. When Sheriff Volek arrived at the scene he asked me if I was o.k. and surveyed the damage at the scene and to my vehicle...
and
Quote:As I walked along the shoulder of the road I discovered the body of Mr. Boever in the grass just off the roadway.
Ok sir.

Quote: @"mblack" said:
This...
I looked around the vehicle in the dark and saw nothing to indicate what I had hit. All I could see were pieces of my vehicle laying on and around the roadway. Because it was dark and I didn’t have a flashlight, I used my cell phone flashlight to survey the ditch but couldn’t see anything. When Sheriff Volek arrived at the scene he asked me if I was o.k. and surveyed the damage at the scene and to my vehicle...

Both times I hit a deer in Central Oregon, at night, 1 knew what I hit.

IMHO there's one minor forensic detail missing.

With a collision and damage described, the absence of animal hair found at point of impact is where this story falls apart.

Who does he think he is , Ted Kennedy? Seriously I have hit deer with cars,  pickups, snowmobiles, and even one on a motorcycle that I was lucky to drive through. No question when you do it.

In the AG’s defense, I’ve heard recently that there are deer walking the rural roadways on their hind legs wearing blue jeans, probably hard to differentiate speeding along in the dark...  Wink  

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
In the AG’s defense, I’ve heard recently that there are deer walking the rural roadways on their hind legs wearing blue jeans, probably hard to differentiate speeding along in the dark...  Wink  
[Image: article-2401396-1B4E2813000005DC-173_634x806.jpg]