Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
11 YEAR NFCCG Continues . . . . Why I am drinking the kool-aid
Quote: @Jor-El said:
Great comments. Re the CB position, one thing concerns me - your description of the squad there as "young, fast, hungry CBs who make mistakes" is going to be challenging for Zimmer. Mistakes have infuriated him in the past, and if he calls these guys out in press conferences and/or is benching a player after any mistake, these young corners might not develop well. He runs a challenging coverage scheme, every corner who has left remarks on it, so there will be mistakes. Hope he can stand the growth period.
To your point, I bet they can stand the growth period here.  Young guys can learn, adjust, while a player like Rhodes, the tape is out on him, his weaknesses were exposed and we saw it repeatedly when he faced off against Adams or Jones.  The “injury” every time they would get burned was becoming an issue.  

My money is on A) the athleticism these guys have PLUS B) the coaching that Zim will provide.

Think about the structure of the coaching staff, Zim has handed over the offense to the Kubiak (father and son), the defense, he trusts Patterson, he trust his son who ran the LBs, the DBs are his to work on and it won’t be Ant nor Harry who needs the love.

The young CBs will surprise, Rhodes turn around surprised us, Captain’s eventual fit surprised us, Holton Hill in 2018 with playing damn good surprised us.  I am confident that with those Monster DE’s, blitzing up the A gap, and the best pair of safeties, these young guys could not be in a better position period.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I like our team on paper...

I do have concern about the impact of losing Diggs and how that will influence how D's play us. 

That baby d backfield is a huge question mark too.

But what team doesnt have Q's?  I think we have enough horses to win the Norris. 
With you on Diggs until I thought about it. We are going to run, run, and run effectively.  Cook is a stud but so is Mattison.  We have a damn good TE and a developing super star TE which means flexibility out of run sets.  All of this done effectively does one thing, opens up 

PLAYACTION

With the best damn PA QB in the game.  Big gaps for crisp route runners like Adam, Bisi, and Jefferson.  The occasional deep shot to a speedster like Hollins will keep the defenses honest.  

I expect with continuity (outside of the loss of Diggs) this offense will be more dynamic and more productive in 20 than 19. 

I’m still drinking Heineken, but I’m w/ ya @Skodin...!  Wink B)  

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:
You bring up the no crowd noise part. I wonder if this year more then any other diminishes the value of home playoff games. 
There will be crowd noise. Every stadium will have an audio operator that will pump in various levels of crowd noise taken from each individual stadium over the last 3-4 years. They will simulate louder crowd noise for 3rd downs, redzone, etc. for home teams if no fans are allowed in. 
Is this true? If so, I hope they sample crowd noise for every touchdown. 

I like the team this year. I think it has a chance to be a better team than last year. A lot of depth at WR and CB. Superstars at DE, S, LB and RB. Here's my list of worries in order....

1. Without Michael Pierce, can we stop the run? We sure couldn't against the 49ers and without Pierce, it doesn't look any better. Maybe Dom helps?
2. Will defenses double team Thielen? I think they will, early and often until someone (ISJ, JJ, Bisi) makes them pay for it. 
3. Dozier and Elflein. Cousins is the NFL's best QB from a clean pocket. Just don't know how confident we should be that he'll get it.