Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roster/trade/release Predictions
My 1st prediction:  Vikings trade Rashod Hill.  Hill is a decent swing tackle signed to a reasonable contract.  Some teams are looking for a good back-up tackle.  Arguably, the Vikes have Udoh, Cleveland and Collins -- all of whom can play tackle (at least at some point during the season).  If Udoh is playing as well as rumored, it would be allow the Vikes to trade Hill for a 6th and free up some cap space.

I don't think we can count on Collins as depth with his inability to stay healthy the past couple years.  I would keep Hill for the reasons you mentioned above...  cheap, good backup who can play in a pinch, etc.

Agree with Wetlander - in fact, I would predict Aviante Collins will be cut. He can't stay healthy and he can't beat out very ordinary competition like Dozier even when he is healthy. He was an experiment, they don't all work out.

i hear the two of you.  But ponder this, assuming the Vikes had cut Reiff -- that means they were willing to roll with Udoh being the primary tackle back-up.  So, trading Hill means the same thing -- the Vikes are willing to roll with Udoh.  So, the Vikes will get a draft pick and cap space and end up in the same (or arguably better) position then they would have been if they cut Reiff.  That is my reasoning.  As for Collins, in this scenario, he is essentially the 5th tackle -- which means inactive on game day if he makes the team.

BTW, please feel free to add your own outlandish prediction to this thread.

Jake browning will be cut and Nate Stanley makes the practice squad, neither will be in contention for what was once know as the Mr. Mankato designation.

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
Jake browning will be cut and Nate Stanley makes the practice squad, neither will be in contention for what was once know as the Mr. Mankato designation.
Agreed. I think at the minimum, Nate Stanley is the #3 QB this year and the new developmental guy. Stay tuned on this kid the next 2 years. MIGHT have the ability for a #2 backup role on this team (not this year of course). 

I think the Vikes are deep at WRer talent that other teams will pickup at cutdowns. 

Quote: @VikingOracle said:
i hear the two of you.  But ponder this, assuming the Vikes had cut Reiff -- that means they were willing to roll with Udoh being the primary tackle back-up.  So, trading Hill means the same thing -- the Vikes are willing to roll with Udoh.  So, the Vikes will get a draft pick and cap space and end up in the same (or arguably better) position then they would have been if they cut Reiff.  That is my reasoning.  As for Collins, in this scenario, he is essentially the 5th tackle -- which means inactive on game day if he makes the team.

BTW, please feel free to add your own outlandish prediction to this thread.

You may be right, but it's not definite the Vikings were willing to start Udoh - he got a day or two with the #1 unit but that could be just a test or even part of them sending a message to Reiff that they were serious about moving on without him.

I just have trouble believing we have the OL quality and depth that would lead to trading anyone to another team. When was the last time we traded a lineman away? Vikings have always been looking for OL from other teams. When we reach the point where other teams look at us and think we have an excess of line talent that they need to make a trade to acquire, I'll be happy!
OK, some cut predictions:WR Tajae Sharpe - seems he is getting very little work
G Dru Samia - if he makes the team it is to protect draft reputationDL Jalyn Holmes - they were trying him at DE instead of DT, probably indicates he is on his last chanceDT Hercules Mataafa - IMO he has always been a longshot and have heard nothing about him excelling recently

Player making the team that no one has heard of:TE Nakia Griffin-Stewart - The Vikings have usually had a blocking TE on the roster

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@BigAl99 said:
Agreed. I think at the minimum, Nate Stanley is the #3 QB this year and the new developmental guy. Stay tuned on this kid the next 2 years. MIGHT have the ability for a #2 backup role on this team (not this year of course). 

I think the Vikes are deep at WRer talent that other teams will pickup at cutdowns. 
I don’t see Stanley doing anything.  Hones in on his receiver before the huddle breaks.  Accuracy is fair to poor.  He looks the part, but not sold at all, and I’ve watched him a lot.  Love to see it, but don’t see it.  If Cousins goes down, it won’t be pretty.