Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
it's official..
Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
Lol,  I still think theres greater than 50/50 that there isn't a season let alone fans. 
I now think it's less than that. In other words, I think the odds favor a season. There has now been two or three weeks of practices, a full week of contact practices and only a handful of people who have tested positive, most falsely. And I'm not aware of anyone getting sick. As long as each team continues its very strict protocols, then teams getting together with each other in game settings will not change that pattern much. It probably will increase it a little bit, but this is the kind of real-world experimentation this country needs. The only thing I could see impacting the season is if several fans and families started getting sick. And they've already eliminated one of those scenarios. 
I think the travel is going to be a huge consideration that we don't know the impact of yet. Hoping for the best though.
I think teams travel pretty much in isolation anyway, don't they? Actually, I'm not familiar with what they do, but I don't think they go through the same airport security as we do, and they don't fly commercial. If the teams continue being very strict in their protocols, and everyone follows them, I think we can have a season. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
Lol,  I still think theres greater than 50/50 that there isn't a season let alone fans. 
I now think it's less than that. In other words, I think the odds favor a season. There has now been two or three weeks of practices, a full week of contact practices and only a handful of people who have tested positive, most falsely. And I'm not aware of anyone getting sick. As long as each team continues its very strict protocols, then teams getting together with each other in game settings will not change that pattern much. It probably will increase it a little bit, but this is the kind of real-world experimentation this country needs. The only thing I could see impacting the season is if several fans and families started getting sick. And they've already eliminated one of those scenarios. 
I think the travel is going to be a huge consideration that we don't know the impact of yet. Hoping for the best though.
I think teams travel pretty much in isolation anyway, don't they? Actually, I'm not familiar with what they do, but I don't think they go through the same airport security as we do, and they don't fly commercial. If the teams continue being very strict in their protocols, and everyone follows them, I think we can have a season. 
They definitely don't travel the way most people do but I think it still could be an issue. The lack of a bubble even though it's unrealistic for the NFL is a concern. Hoping for the best though.