Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wonder what % of voters have already decided vs other elections?
I think the % may be extremely high...Country seems more polarized now than before. 

I dont think we're going to see a blow-out by either candidate? I've been wrong before though, many times.

This election may very well be decided by those on the fence and getting those who didnt vote in 16 off their aszes...

Good question!  One clue is the number of yard signs and bumper stickers in the community which will be extensive in a year with lots of energy and enthusiasm.  In my very conservative city, yard signs and bumper stickers are rare this year (not the usual situation).  I have not heard a lot of buzz for the D candidate so I do not believe our city will go Blue.  Rather, IMO, people are likely keeping their thoughts to themselves which is probably a good idea.  Too much polarization among the electorate.

Normally I'd put one out. I'm more politically active this year than any I can remember in a long time...Taking part in on-line focus groups etc. 

But with all the polarization, rage and angst out there?

I don't think so...Or at least I'm thinking hard about it before I do. Sad state of affairs really. And this is gentile mn too. 

I have an hour drive through rural Iowa and count the signs and Flags.  There used to be 7 Trump flags flying, it's down to 2, most came down around the George Floyd protests, so not sure the real reason.  One new sign went up in a trailer park  the other day.
My neighborhood rarely has any signs, usually only local stuff.  I don't just because I don't want to inject politics into my relationships with folk around me, my Lab sneaking into their yard pisses the off enough.

Other than one "Any Functioning Adult, 2020" sign, I haven't seen any yard sign for either candidate anywhere. I see a lot of BLM signs though. I don't have one up and probably won't put one up. Too many violent, right wing extremists on the other side and I have kids. 

I can't imagine Trump getting reelected. That is a truly terrifying thought for America and the world. But then I couldn't imagine there were 60 thousand people willing to vote for him in the first place, let alone 60 million. We'll see what the post-convention bumps look like. 

Remember Bridge Over the River Kwai? The British commander, so proud of his construction of a bridge for the Japanese in a POW camp, thwarts every effort made by the allies to destroy it. In the final scene, riddled with bullets from his own side, he snaps out of his trance, mumbles "what have I done?" and falls on the detonator, destroying the bridge. 

That's my hope for Trump supporters. 

Sides are entrenched, there wont be many switchers...Those watching DNC have probably decided to vote Dem already.

I dont think those conventions are getting viewers from the other camp. MAYBE some on the fence. And maybe that's the way it's always been? 

Same for RNC, I won't watch one second of it and I turn off a Trump ad soon as I see it. 

I am preparing myself for either outcome in November - that'll be determined in January. 

Quote: @"IDVikingfan" said:
Good question!  One clue is the number of yard signs and bumper stickers in the community which will be extensive in a year with lots of energy and enthusiasm.  In my very conservative city, yard signs and bumper stickers are rare this year (not the usual situation).  I have not heard a lot of buzz for the D candidate so I do not believe our city will go Blue.  Rather, IMO, people are likely keeping their thoughts to themselves which is probably a good idea.  Too much polarization among the electorate.

Interesting.  I've never seen so many signs and especially big flags for whatever reason for the candidate that we can't say nice things about as I've seen this year here. Its not quite on the level of our contested senate race but its not far from it.